Wisconsin/Alabama

gorp512

1 hour ago, gorp512 said:

Scheduled for a 1 for 1 in Madison and Tuscaloosa in 2024 and 2025. 

Wisconsin seems to always get great schedules. Any big Husker schedule news coming? 

I think you just remember the bigger ones more than the times they don't have any.

2010 - UNLV, San Jose State, Arizona State, Austin Peay, 

2011 - UNLV, Oregon State, Northern Illinois, South Dakota

2012 - Northern Iowa, Oregon State, Utah State, UTEP

2013 - Massaschussets, Tennessee Tech, Arizona State, BYU

2014 - LSU, Western Illinois, Bowling Green, South Florida

2015 - Alabama, Miami (OH), Troy, Hawaii

2016 - LSU, Akron, Georgia State

2017 - Utah State, Florida Atlantic, BYU

2018 - Western Kentucky, New Mexico, BYU

2019 - South Florida, Central Michigan, Kent State

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, Landlord said:

I think you just remember the bigger ones more than the times they don't have any.

2010 - UNLV, San Jose State, Arizona State, Austin Peay, 

2011 - UNLV, Oregon State, Northern Illinois, South Dakota

2012 - Northern Iowa, Oregon State, Utah State, UTEP

2013 - Massaschussets, Tennessee Tech, Arizona State, BYU

2014 - LSU, Western Illinois, Bowling Green, South Florida

2015 - Alabama, Miami (OH), Troy, Hawaii

2016 - LSU, Akron, Georgia State

2017 - Utah State, Florida Atlantic, BYU

2018 - Western Kentucky, New Mexico, BYU

2019 - South Florida, Central Michigan, Kent State

This is very true. i think it was the Lambeau game that makes it seem so memorable.

On 8/3/2019 at 4:15 AM, Husker from Kansas said:

Only because it's still pretty warm, if it was November there wouldn't be a chance they'd come up to Wisconsin 

True. They might lose recruits over such a bad scheduling decision. :P

• Plus1 1

On 8/3/2019 at 6:15 AM, Husker from Kansas said:

Only because it's still pretty warm, if it was November there wouldn't be a chance they'd come up to Wisconsin 

Okay but why would any P5 school be playing an out of conference away game several hundred miles away in November?

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

Okay but why would any P5 school be playing an out of conference away game several hundred miles away in November?

Improve their strength of schedule, or honestly just to shut everyone up that points out how ridiculous their OOC schedule is year after year. But mostly, I just hate how the SEC acts high and mighty but never have to deal with how much true cold weather affects your game. I feel like they dont understand how you have to be able to adjust to the cold. You know the kind of weather that when the old timers go outside they say "Now this is football weather".

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Husker from Kansas said:

Improve their strength of schedule, or honestly just to shut everyone up that points out how ridiculous their OOC schedule is year after year. But mostly, I just hate how the SEC acts high and mighty but never have to deal with how much true cold weather affects your game. I feel like they dont understand how you have to be able to adjust to the cold. You know the kind of weather that when the old timers go outside they say "Now this is football weather".

The cold is definitely the worst and most brutal one, but there are lots of other things that are also legitimate that players have to adjust to that can really impact your game or performance. Playing in elevation in Colorado. Playing in early September southern humidity. If I was an SEC school I wouldn't want to play in conditions that favor the other team more than mine either.

Glad to see Alabama actually schedule a true road game.  I think the last one was at Penn State right?  I think it was 2011...the same year as the Paterno scandal breaking loose and Nebraska going up there and being their first game without JoePa being the coach aka the Lavonte David big time tackle game.