@Atbone95 Yeah, these paid live streaming services were a good deal a few years ago when they were around $30/month, but at this point most of them have jacked up the price so much that you might as well just get cable or Dish or something. You're not saving much over the cheapest cable plans (though obviously it depends what's available in your area, and what specific channels you want). Sling is about the only real cheap option, but they don't have BTN. There's also Philo, but they don't have much for sports.

I've had Hulu live for 2 years now. I'd recommend it if you have a reliable internet connection. It seems like they've ironed out all the bugs from when I first started using it. I'm not sure what it will be like in Western Nebraska but I get all the local new stations here. It's less than half the price of cable for essentially all the same channels, you even get the regional Fox sports channels. You can also record shows and sometimes play them back even if you didn't record them. I think you can get a free 7 day trial, would you could always see if you like it before you buy it.

Do you have ABC as a network option at all out there? Seems very odd.

I know this doesn't help in relation to Hulu, but I've mentioned in other streaming services threads that I've had Youtube TV for more than a year now and love it. Great streaming quality with almost every channel conceivable for watching sports (including ABC). We had every single Husker game last year whether it was on Fox/ABC/B1G Network. Might be worth looking into if Hulu won't stream ABC, but that seems like a very odd limitation on the surface.

Yea it's going to be an issue. I'm not sure why they don't offer it. Even with an antenna, it says that I'd be getting a feed from Hayes Center and the signal is weak. I have really good internet so that isn't an issue for streaming. 

Regardless of Nebraska games, I don't wanna miss primetime games and all that. 

Maybe we will switch to Youtube TV. 

• Plus1 1

• 3 months later...

Been a Hulu Live subscriber for over 2 years, was going to ride out the price hike that was announced last week then I saw this tonight.  Give me a break on the having to make a profit bs.  Will be looking at YouTube TV at the end of the month when Hulu comes due.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/disney-says-they-have-to-raise-the-hulu-live-tv-price-to-make-a-profit/

Recently Hulu announced that they would be raising the price of Hulu with Live TV to $54.99 a month, a $10 price hike. Now, Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer Chairman Kevin Mayer said today at the Recode’s Code Media conference that they had to in order to make a profit.