Are we or aren’t we Rivals

Is Nebraska and Iowa a rivalry  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would love to play OU every Black Friday. Problem is - that's not going to happen until and unless OU joins the Big Ten. 

Rivalry games are more fun. They're more heated. There's more joy in victory and more agony in defeat. We need those kind of games. 

We have three trophy games in the Big Ten. It's crazy how that happened, huh? I think we had 1 trophy game in the Big XII - the bell. Now we have the Hero's Trophy (yuck) with Iowa. I think both fan bases hate it. We have the Freedom Trophy (what) with Wisconsin. I think both fanbases also hate it. Of course, we have the Chair with Minnesota, which is loved by the fans and not supported by the admins. 

These three games get me the most consistently excited every year. Yeah, we play Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State every now and then, and those are top tier matches. But Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin happen every year, and I want us to beat them so bad. 

It would be to our benefit to stop the self-righteous arrogance and call these three teams what they are: rivals. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
On 7/31/2019 at 8:23 AM, TGHusker said:

I hope that in 5 years - we will be the target for everyone in the conference.  Not just a rival but the one they are aiming at to knock us down a notch.  Old sour face Iowa coach won't be there forever, I don't think Iowa can sustain their level of what they call success.  Yes, they have had our # while our admin was working to take down the program a notch wt Mike Riley but in the words of the revivalist "I SEE A NEW DAY ARISING. IT IS JUST ABOUT HERE. WHEN ALL THINGS WILL BE MADE RIGHT'.   :restore2

DAY BY DAY, WE GET BETTER AND BETTER, UNTIL WE CAN'T BE BEAT, WON'T BE BEAT

I actually can't make out if you are serious or just joking around. Can you let us know ?

49 minutes ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

I would love to play OU every Black Friday. Problem is - that's not going to happen until and unless OU joins the Big Ten. 

Rivalry games are more fun. They're more heated. There's more joy in victory and more agony in defeat. We need those kind of games. 

We have three trophy games in the Big Ten. It's crazy how that happened, huh? I think we had 1 trophy game in the Big XII - the bell. Now we have the Hero's Trophy (yuck) with Iowa. I think both fan bases hate it. We have the Freedom Trophy (what) with Wisconsin. I think both fanbases also hate it. Of course, we have the Chair with Minnesota, which is loved by the fans and not supported by the admins. 

These three games get me the most consistently excited every year. Yeah, we play Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State every now and then, and those are top tier matches. But Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin happen every year, and I want us to beat them so bad.  

It would be to our benefit to stop the self-righteous arrogance and call these three teams what they are: rivals.  

In your self-righteous arrogance you just completely skipped over the best Big Ten rivalry we have - The Battle for NU, with Northwestern, featuring the most fun and competitive games on our conference slate.

For shame, sir! For shame!

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

In your self-righteous arrogance you just completely skipped over the best Big Ten rivalry we have - The Battle for NU, with Northwestern, featuring the most fun and competitive games on our conference slate.

For shame, sir! For shame!

Agree with NW. They don't grovel to be anyone's rival. They have respect for everyone, and play solid football  with lower star players. Win or lose they show class.

1 hour ago, Dewiz said:

Had an Iowa fan tell me that their game against ISU this past Saturday was better than any of our previous non conference teams and the only team that was comparable to ISU of this year was Notre Dame in 2000.

Do you laugh at the guy or feel sorry for him?

I have no idea what you just said. 

The game they played was better than any of our teams? What?

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

I have no idea what you just said. 

The game they played was better than any of our teams? What?

He said that the 2019 Iowa State team is better than any Power 5 non conference team Nebraska has played against.....so the 2019 ISU is better than 2018/19 Colorado, 17/16 Oregon, 15/14 Miami, etc. 

He said the last team that Nebraska played that is as comparable as the 2019 ISU team was the 2000 Notre Dame team.

Make sense now?

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

He said that the 2019 Iowa State team is better than any Power 5 non conference team Nebraska has played against.....so the 2019 ISU is better than 2018/19 Colorado, 17/16 Oregon, 15/14 Miami, etc. 

He said the last team that Nebraska played that is as comparable as the 2019 ISU team was the 2000 Notre Dame team.

Make sense now?

It makes sense that your friend is mentally damaged if he thinks the Cyclones are better than 06/07 USC, 2010/11 Washington, 2012/13 UCLA, 02/03 Penn State, 02 Miami, ah screw it most of the bigger P5 non con teams Nebraska has played 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

It makes sense that your friend is mentally damaged if he thinks the Cyclones are better than 06/07 USC, 2010/11 Washington, 2012/13 UCLA, 02/03 Penn State, 02 Miami, ah screw it most of the bigger P5 non con teams Nebraska has played 

He’s not my friend, don’t even know they guy but I brought up their weak non conference games after he brought up the Colorado loss then he spewed that bizarre statement at me