Are we or aren’t we Rivals

Is Nebraska and Iowa a rivalry  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If not Iowa, then who? Could kind of see Wisconsin, with the Barry Alvarez connection, but I don’t think they consider themselves our rivalry. Must have two to tango or invest decades of one sided hate like CU did. 

So so many nostalgic things made the Ou/Nebraska rivalry great, but in my mind Devaney and Switzer hamming it up really fueled it. Does anyone remember the 10:30 Friday night 30 minute sports show hosted by Jeff Schmall(I think) Neither do I!lol.

I remember Barry drunkenly giving Devaney a sack full of Taco’s from

Taco Johns the night before the game. 

• Plus1 1

Iowa-Nebraska has the makings of a Colorado-type rivalry. Will it be Oklahoma, no. But that’s okay, there is a ton of hatred right now and I’m pretty sure Iowa is treating it like a rivalry - and wiping the floor with us. Our fan bases constantly interact and I would venture to guess both fan bases spend more time trash talking each other, than any other team. We’re a top 10 progam, Iowa is probably a top 30 program, we share a border, we play every year at the end of the year, in the coming years this game should have division title implications - Embrace It. 

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Iowa-Nebraska has the makings of a Colorado-type rivalry. Will it be Oklahoma, no. But that’s okay, there is a ton of hatred right now and I’m pretty sure Iowa is treating it like a rivalry - and wiping the floor with us. Our fan bases constantly interact and I would venture to guess both fan bases spend more time trash talking each other, than any other team. We’re a top 10 progam, Iowa is probably a top 30 program, we share a border, we play every year at the end of the year, in the coming years this game should have division title implications - Embrace It. 

This is the type of hilarious pretentious ignorance that will continue to fuel Iowa disdain for us as a fanbase and program, which will continue to fuel more like you to keep thinking of the team who has beaten us 5 years in a row as, "beneath us", which will continue to put a chip on their shoulder, and around and around it goes.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Landlord said:

This is the type of hilarious pretentious ignorance that will continue to fuel Iowa disdain for us as a fanbase and program, which will continue to fuel more like you to keep thinking of the team who has beaten us 5 years in a row as, "beneath us", which will continue to put a chip on their shoulder, and around and around it goes.

Are you talking about my post?

• Plus1 2