Fall Camp Notes

6 minutes ago, Undone said:

Oh man - at the 4:40 mark you see a two back set with Washington and Robinson. Adrian fakes the handoff to Mo, quick outside pitch to Robinson.

That play gets even better in live action because Robinson is likely motioning in after the defense has set its strength for Washington.

Those two in a 2 back set, especially considering how good each can be as a receiver, can create all sorts of problems.

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, brophog said:

That play gets even better in live action because Robinson is likely motioning in after the defense has set its strength for Washington.

Those two in a 2 back set, especially considering how good each can be as a receiver, can create all sorts of problems.

With those 2 guys on the field (I forgot NU doesn't huddle under Frost), the offense can split them out as receivers against LB's, or utilize the run game if the defense decides to go nickel/dime.  The interchangeable parts which Mo and Wandale are can create so many tough decisions for opposing d-coordinators.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

With those 2 guys in the huddle, the offense can split them out as receivers against LB's, or utilize the run game if the defense decides to go nickel/dime.  The interchangeable parts which Mo and Wandale are can create so many tough decisions for opposing d-coordinators.

What's a huddle?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

With those 2 guys on the field (I forgot NU doesn't huddle under Frost), the offense can split them out as receivers against LB's, or utilize the run game if the defense decides to go nickel/dime.  The interchangeable parts which Mo and Wandale are can create so many tough decisions for opposing d-coordinators.

So what you're saying is we may see some holding calls this year in our favor?  

5 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Three walk-ons can at least say they suited up for Nebraska...

I'm sure they'll all suit up in a couple weeks.  But being on the 110 is a nice accomplishment, even if only for a few days.  Especially if they're younger guys.

16 hours ago, I am I said:

Timing timing and timing. 

It it may seem boring or mundane...it’s not 

to get guys in rhythm, know the hashes, the seams, the numbers. Back shoulder throws,  formation shifts, which foot to step with first, which hand to make with room with on which side of the ball...etc

think about the confusion and instruction it took last year. They were grinding gears. Now they are just oiling the machine. It looks fast and efficient. 

Isn't the saying don't practice til you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong. I think that was one of the reasons we used to be so consistent. We practiced the same thing for years and built off that.

• Plus1 1