Fall Camp Notes

16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm glad he's more confident than I am in this.  Of course, D lineman is probably the easiest position on defense to learn the scheme.  If he came here in good shape, it's possible he could contribute.

I hope he can be a factor.

But I doubt they'd say "he's not playing this year" at this point so that's basically the only thing he can say.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

I hope he can be a factor.

But I doubt they'd say "he's not playing this year" at this point so that's basically the only thing he can say.

I agree.  He's also coming into a position group that is fairly deep.  So, you have guys who have been in the system, been lifting in Duval's weight room, are used to playing with each other.....all ahead of him.   I'm just not confident that he's going to be a major factor this year.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I agree.  He's also coming into a position group that is fairly deep.  So, you have guys who have been in the system, been lifting in Duval's weight room, are used to playing with each other.....all ahead of him.   I'm just not confident that he's going to be a major factor this year.

The thing I did thing sounded promising was Darrion Daniels saying something to the effect of "he carries 327 pounds better than I do".  We do have some good options on the line but true DTs are always hard to come by.  So if he's built that big and that well, that's a good start - and also hopefully speaks at least somewhat to the shape he's in.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

Glad to see this.  Miller has always caught me as a very good teammate, enthusiastic, hard worker.  Maybe not as gifted as others, but one of my favorite players because of how he carries himself. Happy to see the staff getting a lot out of him.