Fall Camp Notes

12 minutes ago, lo country said:

It's not just you.  We haven't had nice things in years.  We are no longer use to good on good......I think the same thing.  Is the O that good or D just horrific.  Same with the D....

I'm cautiously optimistic that we are getting back to good on good.  Now our good on good might not be playoff good, yet....BUT our good is getting much better.  

Until we see it against other teams, there will be a question mark during fall camp. However, the great NU teams would have epic competitions during fall camp.  Some days the offense would look great, some days the defense would look great. What I see in these videos is competition and teammates enjoying the battle against each other. 

15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Until we see it against other teams, there will be a question mark during fall camp. However, the great NU teams would have epic competitions during fall camp.  Some days the offense would look great, some days the defense would look great. What I see in these videos is competition and teammates enjoying the battle against each other. 

What I’m seeing is the plan coming together.

In my opinion, one of the coolest things about the Scott Frost Megathread is it serves as a bit of a diary for that season. UCF’s video department did a lot of filming that season, too, so we have a general idea of the process that year. It’s uncanny how similar it is playing out, with Frost in some cases giving the same speeches. We don’t know how closely the results will match, of course, but it’s really hard to see videos like Woodyard and Williams going at it and not get super excited about where this process is taking us.

• Plus1 2

8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

They were supposed to dial it down but they beheaded a freshman as some sort of sick hazing ritual to teach the other freshmen a lesson. 

No worries,  they're  growing a new head on a giant rat in the performance lab. Should  be ready to go for  Spring ball

4 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

When I first saw Nelson's head disappearing in the original pic I wondered if the coaches were still calling guys out for holding in drills like this.

I don't know, but if I was a ref, and I just witnessed a live decapitation on the field, I'll probably just say to myself: "F it, I'm not throwing a flag on that guy. I got a family to think about."

• Plus1 1

56 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

When I first saw Nelson's head disappearing in the original pic I wondered if the coaches were still calling guys out for holding in drills like this.

That is one thing i noticed from the videos. The offense sure does hold alot in that drill haha

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

He missed twice on one play.... not a good look for any era 

This appears to be a drill where the ball carrier definitely has an advantage over normal game conditions.  In a normal game, there's 11 guys wanting to tackle him and he's got to get up field as fast as he can.  Here, he can dance around for a while to make people miss.  

I love watching this drill.  

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

This appears to be a drill where the ball carrier definitely has an advantage over normal game conditions.  In a normal game, there's 11 guys wanting to tackle him and he's got to get up field as fast as he can.  Here, he can dance around for a while to make people miss.  

I love watching this drill.  

Every drill in practice gives the advantage to the offense.  He gave good effort and got off his block well.  I was just making a joke.  

• Plus1 1