Fall Camp Notes

10 hours ago, Salsa Red said:

That was satisfying to watch and it looks like the players were having a blast! Mo is looking really good, I think he'll have an awesome year (as long as he's cleared to play)

Washington looks bigger in the lower body this year. One of the coaches mentioned that he is faster. He could have a break out year. I am having a terrible time resisting all the jokes that could be related to "break out" :)

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

Some past coaches might even call these practices a "bloodbath."

I always thought the “bloodbath” comment was misinterpreted. I think Banker was taking a subtle shot at Riley. He was inferring that he knows the practices are soft, and the reason for that was the head coach. 

2 minutes ago, Fru said:

I always thought the “bloodbath” comment was misinterpreted. I think Banker was taking a subtle shot at Riley. He was inferring that he knows the practices are soft, and the reason for that was the head coach. 

Yeah, I don't think Banker was great but he was kind of a scapegoat. I ran across some articles making sure I'd remembered it correctly, and it was kinda sad. Talked about how he and Langsdorf were pretty much in the dark on all decisions, just a super dysfunctional structure.

10 minutes ago, Fru said:

Eh ... I'm not sure I buy that.  First, I'm not sure Banker was that deep of a thinker to come up with a plan like that.  Second, he worked with Riley for nearly two decades.  He had plenty of chances to make changes or do something different, not the least of which was not come to Nebraska with him.  

It's not exactly a secret that the Pac-10/12 doesn't play the most physical football.  I would say he was still having a hard time adjusting to a much different style.

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, WildBillMoos said:

A dude gets decapitated and you're all thrilled? Pretty f#&%ed up guys. He probably had a family. 

You have all the makings of being one of Huskerboard's top novelty accounts. Keep up the good work, and keep chugging those Silver Bullets - it'll help your material!

• Haha 1