Fall Camp Notes

4 minutes ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

It will be interesting to see the injury report in a week or so from all this physicality.

My guess is that they are pushing the team to be physical to establish that mindset, and then the coaches will have them start to back off as they get closer to game week.  Next Monday, it will be easy to say "Hey guys, way to beat on each other for the last 3 weeks.  That was great competition, take it down a notch for this last week of fall camp, and then we will start the gameplan of South Alabama next week."

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

My guess is that they are pushing the team to be physical to establish that mindset, and then the coaches will have them start to back off as they get closer to game week.  Next Monday, it will be easy to say "Hey guys, way to beat on each other for the last 3 weeks.  That was great competition, take it down a notch for this last week of fall camp, and then we will start the gameplan of South Alabama next week."

Good point.  Then I'd like to see the injury report now.  Just for curiosity

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Wandale and Noa were held out of yesterday's practice.  I don't think they had serious injuries, I think they just wanted to give them a day of rest.  Maybe they were dinged up a bit.

I think Gaylord has a pretty bad injury. Legrone apparently looked like he got rolled up on as well. No clue on Warner.

1 minute ago, Ziebol said:

I think Gaylord has a pretty bad injury. Legrone apparently looked like he got rolled up on as well. No clue on Warner.

Yeah, didn't get a good vibe from the Austin interview regarding Gaylord. Is there any word on Jaimes? I know there were rumors he was injured, but I would think the media would've pressed for some kind of answer if he wasn't out there. So I'm thinking he's fine?

3 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Yeah, didn't get a good vibe from the Austin interview regarding Gaylord. Is there any word on Jaimes? I know there were rumors he was injured, but I would think the media would've pressed for some kind of answer if he wasn't out there. So I'm thinking he's fine?

Jaimes has had a sleeve on his elbow in a few videos. 

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Eh ... I'm not sure I buy that.  First, I'm not sure Banker was that deep of a thinker to come up with a plan like that.  Second, he worked with Riley for nearly two decades.  He had plenty of chances to make changes or do something different, not the least of which was not come to Nebraska with him.  

It's not exactly a secret that the Pac-10/12 doesn't play the most physical football.  I would say he was still having a hard time adjusting to a much different style.

Didn't it come out that the Defense wasn’t allowed to tackle to the ground in practice? I would imagine that would frustrate Banker or any Defensive coach for that matter. One doesn’t need to be a deep thinker or “make a plan” to make an irreverent comment to the press. 

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Our social media team is soooooo damn good.

I feel like it was lacking in the past. I remember following Frost's final season at UCF and being very envious of their social media presence. I'm still hoping for more stuff on YouTube.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have absolutely no clue where you work....but....it's a distinct possibility that these guys have  bigger budget than you work with.

Haha I work for a marketing agency in Montana and my client's budgets are probably about what one of those videos cost to produce. However, I wish I had the budget to do it like this!