Fall Camp Notes

1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

Bulking.  Up.

So, with Cam still being out for apparently the foreseeable future, if Will locks down the center position do they move Cam again? It seems you wouldn't want to leave a guy with Cam's athletic ability as a backup center for his career, but TE seems to be full. Maybe a move to defense? Obviously he could come back and win the job, just wondering what ultimately happens here.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

So, with Cam still being out for apparently the foreseeable future, if Will locks down the center position do they move Cam again? It seems you wouldn't want to leave a guy with Cam's athletic ability as a backup center for his career, but TE seems to be full. Maybe a move to defense? Obviously he could come back and win the job, just wondering what ultimately happens here.

The way they rave about Cam, he’s not going anywhere, and I doubt the position will really be locked up. If both guys happen to be really good after this season, I’m guessing they’ll both play and possibly at different positions on the OL. Assuming Cam stops injuring his feet. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

The way they rave about Cam, he’s not going anywhere, and I doubt the position will really be locked up. If both guys happen to be really good after this season, I’m guessing they’ll both play and possibly at different positions on the OL. Assuming Cam stops injuring his feet. 

Cam's injury history is really concerning.  Part of being an athlete, especially in a contact sport, is durability.  

As the best predictor of future injury is past injury, I don't like his chances of staying healthy with the repetitive lower extremity problems he's already experienced.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Who else do we have at center?

5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Yeah, it wouldn't be a huge stretch to move him to guard I suppose.  But I highly doubt he's going anywhere.  If he can get healthy, I bet he'll be in there.  If not Farniok and....

1 hour ago, melscott62 said:

Who else do we have at center?

Ethan Piper has been working at center.  Boe Wilson was getting talk earlier in the year but they seem to like how Will Farniok has come around plus they have Piper there now.  And I'm pretty sure there's a walk-on or two that has been getting reps but I can't remember who right now.

2 hours ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

Coaches probably need to worry about getting Jurgens healthy enough to make it through Spring and fall practices before they worry about how they are going to get his athleticism on the field.

“I’m excited about him and what his potential will be,” Austin said. “It’s just a matter of getting him to stay healthy throughout.” 

“Cam has kind of been bitten by the injury bug,” Frost said while speaking at Vintage Venue for the Beatrice Rotary Club's 100th anniversary. “I don’t say this about many players, but I think Cam has a chance to be one of the most special players to ever play at the University of Nebraska if we keep him healthy.

A quick google search shows the coaches are plenty concerned with keeping him healthy.....

• Plus1 1

https://twitter.com/mitchsherman/status/1162401464259510272https://twitter.com/mitchsherman/status/116240146425951027

Robinson held out again today. After missing most of the spring and now appears to be dinged up again I'm wondering how he will be able to hold up once the real action starts. Curious if it is the hamstring again. And while the 2 deep receivers had me much more confident in that group than before the beginning of camp with all the injuries I'm starting to get a little nervous.

• Plus1 3
37 minutes ago, GSG said:

Nice tackle by DaiShon Neal in there and looked like Cam Taylor jumped a route for a pick. I'm curious how that hit by Pola-Gates on Allen ended. He might be a big hitter, but he's gonna have to wrap up on big boys. Looked like Allen was moving backwards though.