Fall Camp Notes

9 hours ago, Danimal said:

IMO Piper working at center is somewhat telling. He and Cam are our most talented young interior linemen. Doesn't  make sense to have both at center unless they think Cam's injury issues are likely to persist. Wouldn't  mind seeing Wilson there if he can snap consistently. His experience could come in handy.

Or they want him to be able to play multiple positions.  One of the key advantages of that athleticism.

10 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I take the coaches' word for it when they say Jahkeem Green still needs to work on getting in playing shape, but it's still funny to me because he seems more in shape by appearances only than several of our top defensive linemen.

It's about prolonged strength. Coach T was talking about how Greens performance drops off a cliff after about 3 reps. The coaches want you to be able to take 7-10 good reps in a row. That comes down to muscle endurance and if you haven't been training for it, being in good cardio shape won't help you much.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I take the coaches' word for it when they say Jahkeem Green still needs to work on getting in playing shape, but it's still funny to me because he seems more in shape by appearances only than several of our top defensive linemen.

My sources tell me he has yet to feel the Diaco strain, but they feel it could be any day now. 

• Plus1 3

30 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

Does anyone know when Blackshirts will be handed out? The main thing I remember is they are earned and not rented but I can't remember the timetable for when they hand them out. I thought they might have had them at this time last year but could definitely be mistaken. 

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/red-report-martinez-really-close-blackshirts-are-rented-and-a/article_697d9ea8-ab6b-5745-86b7-0f1967b38331.html

Are you sure about that?