Fall Camp Notes

15 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I'll go back to last off-season when many ppl were on here talking about Gebbia and O'Brien. Just stop. They weren't that good and neither is Vedral or Bunch. Those are facts 

You seem to take every opportunity to talk down Vedral.  I don't think that's fair.  You really can't say whether he's better than McCaffrey or not at this point.

McCaffrey hasn't taken a college snap yet and has only really played QB full-time for one year.  Vedral saw limited action in 2017 but completed almost 76% of his passes for 9.5 ypa.  Granted it was mostly mop-up duty but that was in the same offense against the same teams that McKenzie Milton completed 67% of his passes for 10.2 ypa and was 8th in Heisman voting.  That doesn't mean that Vedral could/would do that here but it's still a pretty impressive stat line. 

Comparing him in any way to Gebbia and/or O'Brien is disingenuous.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, WildBillMoos said:

I will bet Frank Solich's atrophied testicles that Mccaffrey redshirts this year, regardless of how much Vedral blows/how bad Martinez gets inevitably injured since you all f#&%ing jinxed it. Having Mccaffrey and Martinez stacked up as Soph/Jr would not be great. Mccaffrey would leave. 

Is everyone certain if Martinez has an awesome year he doesn't leave?  Also McCaffery could still redshirt next year 

44 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You seem to take every opportunity to talk down Vedral.  I don't think that's fair.  You really can't say whether he's better than McCaffrey or not at this point.

McCaffrey hasn't taken a college snap yet and has only really played QB full-time for one year.  Vedral saw limited action in 2017 but completed almost 76% of his passes for 9.5 ypa.  Granted it was mostly mop-up duty but that was in the same offense against the same teams that McKenzie Milton completed 67% of his passes for 10.2 ypa and was 8th in Heisman voting.  That doesn't mean that Vedral could/would do that here but it's still a pretty impressive stat line. 

Comparing him in any way to Gebbia and/or O'Brien is disingenuous.

I'd have to go back and look, but I think this is maybe the second time I've ever commented about him on this board. I just don't see the big fuss since he won't take a meaningful snap at Nebraska outside of injuries. AM will be our QB for the next 2-3 years so he will be graduated by then or Cool Hand Luke will start in 21' if AM goes to the NFL early 

29 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I'd have to go back and look, but I think this is maybe the second time I've ever commented about him on this board. I just don't see the big fuss since he won't take a meaningful snap at Nebraska outside of injuries. AM will be our QB for the next 2-3 years so he will be graduated by then or Cool Hand Luke will start in 21' if AM goes to the NFL early 

That may be what happens.  Probably even likely.

But no one is making a big fuss.  And you definitely don't have the "facts" you claim to have. 

The only "facts" we have are that Vedral got recruited by this staff out of high school, has been coached by Verduzco for two years and has actually played in college games for Frost, doing very well.  McCaffrey has played QB for one year plus about 35 practices in Lincoln.  There are no "facts" to say Vedral is as bad as you're saying and definitely nothing worth comparing him to two guys who basically never played a down here.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1