PreSeason Coaches' Poll

12 minutes ago, everybody knows my name said:

Beating Nebraska is nothing compared to winning the jug.  Tragically we don't get to play for it every year anymore.

Yeah, I'd miss it too if I only got to touch it every 10 to 20 years. :P

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, everybody knows my name said:

Bemidji is a nice town.  Pretty close (120 miles) to where I live.  Home of the Bemidji State Beavers D1 hockey program.

I believe its also the Curling capitol of the US.  I used to spend the summer at my grandparents cabin on Big Lake about 30 minutes outside of Bemidji

• Plus1 1

I have lived in Nebraska my entire life except for one year when I was 8. We moved to Duluth, Minnesota. It was so beautiful up there, as I have seen most of Minnesota is. So I'm not sure why EverybodyKnowsMyName stays here all day. ?

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, BowedButNotBeaten said:

As Gopher fans we choose to remember the end of the year (beat downs of Purdue, Wisconsin, and Georgia Tech).

We also choose to ignore the middle of the year (beat downs by Maryland, Nebraska, and Illinois).

Either way, here's to hoping The Chair finds its way back to the hallowed halls of the U of M.

I don't care if you win 12 games and a conference championship this season...you ain't gettin that chair!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I'm cool with that. At least there's a long history there, an organic trophy, and we need to even the overall series.

This is what it's about.  It's disappointing that even the B1G has forgotten what made these things great and have started manufacturing corporate BS trophies. 

The only one I recognize is that chair for Nebraska in the current conference.

• Plus1 4
37 minutes ago, C-4 said:

I have lived in Nebraska my entire life except for one year when I was 8. We moved to Duluth, Minnesota. It was so beautiful up there, as I have seen most of Minnesota is. So I'm not sure why EverybodyKnowsMyName stays here all day. ?

How long ago?  Do you remember seeing the guy who did the bear and eagle carvings out of logs with his chainsaw (before it was cool and everyone started doing it)?

35 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

How long ago?  Do you remember seeing the guy who did the bear and eagle carvings out of logs with his chainsaw (before it was cool and everyone started doing it)?

Almost twenty years ago. I don’t remember such but I only got to go out into the city when I was with my parents. A lot of cool stuff though, that’s for sure.

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

This is what it's about.  It's disappointing that even the B1G has forgotten what made these things great and have started manufacturing corporate BS trophies. 

The only one I recognize is that chair for Nebraska in the current conference.

It's simply one of the best, most organic trophies around, and a real callback to the trophy origin stories of old. I love The Chair.

And amidst all the talk about Northwestern and Iowa and Wisconsin, don't sleep on Minnesota. We have a lot of production coming back. I'll be in the stands for Gophers/Huskers on October 12th (doing a double header with the Vikings/Eagles on the 13th).

2 minutes ago, BowedButNotBeaten said:

It's simply one of the best, most organic trophies around, and a real callback to the trophy origin stories of old. I love The Chair.

And amidst all the talk about Northwestern and Iowa and Wisconsin, don't sleep on Minnesota. We have a lot of production coming back. I'll be in the stands for Gophers/Huskers on October 12th (doing a double header with the Vikings/Eagles on the 13th).

I'm with ya, check my post history about Minnesota.  :cheers

That weekend sounds excellent,  haven't done college and pro in same weekend before.