PreSeason Coaches' Poll

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I'm with ya, check my post history about Minnesota.  :cheers

That weekend sounds excellent,  haven't done college and pro in same weekend before. 

Go to a SEC game.  That way you can watch a college team and watch paid players at the same time

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

@everybody knows my name, all fan nonsense aside, what do you think about Minnesota this year? In my opinion, they’re picked far too low (and Iowa too high). Very favorable conference schedule, very soft non-con (Fresno loses a ton) yet basically everyone is picking Minnesota 5th or 6th in the division. I understand some uncertainty at QB, which explains some of that, but not enough in my opinion to so grossly offset the enormous amount of returning production and experience. 

On 8/1/2019 at 11:31 AM, wiuhusker said:

Is it just me or is Wisconsin a little high? I mean they very well could be good but I don't think they make much of a jump forward this year. 

They have the nightmare draw out of the east that we got saddled with last season with Mich, OSU, and Mich State. Plus they lost a considerable number of guys on defense and O-line. They will probably struggle to stay in the top25. 

Truly wise Husker fans will want every team we play to win every game except when they play Nebraska. In conference you want the better brand team NU plays to win that head-to-head game. 

We want Iowa and Wisconsin as juggernauts coming into the NU game. We want OSU #1 in the country having a 73 point margin of victory. 

And then Nebraska beat them all. 

This is like ‘95. KSU, CU, KU beat each other, lost to Nebraska, and killed in their respective bowl games. 

The 90’s were good. It wasn’t about being the best that year for me. I was looking at angles to watch the best team that ever did it.  For that you need SOS help. ‘95 gave us that. 

Hoping we can have that type of anticipation again very soon. 

12 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

It would be very strange after 20 years.  Imagine looking forward to having UM, OSU, MSU or PSU on the schedule instead of the advantage of only playing 1 or 2 of them each season.

23 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Truly wise Husker fans will want every team we play to win every game except when they play Nebraska. In conference you want the better brand team NU plays to win that head-to-head game. 

We want Iowa and Wisconsin as juggernauts coming into the NU game. We want OSU #1 in the country having a 73 point margin of victory. 

And then Nebraska beat them all. 

This is like ‘95. KSU, CU, KU beat each other, lost to Nebraska, and killed in their respective bowl games. 

The 90’s were good. It wasn’t about being the best that year for me. I was looking at angles to watch the best team that ever did it.  For that you need SOS help. ‘95 gave us that. 

The most impressive thing about the 1995 team was that we beat seven ranked teams, four in the top ten, by an average of 28 points!

Note; Rankings based on final poll, not when we played them.

2 hours ago, Apsu said:

The most impressive thing about the 1995 team was that we beat seven ranked teams, four in the top ten, by an average of 28 points!

Note; Rankings based on final poll, not when we played them.

That's not true. The four in the top ten is true (#2 Florida, #4 Colorado, #6 Kansas State, #10 Kansas), but nobody else we played was ranked or even good at all.

Oklahoma State - 4-8

Michigan State - 6-5-1

Arizona State - 6-5

Pacific - 3-8

Washington State - 3-8

Missouri - 3-8

Iowa State - 3-8

Oklahoma - 5-5-1