PreSeason Coaches' Poll

On 8/10/2019 at 5:43 PM, Landlord said:

I have watched the NU/Iowa game in Des Moines each of the last four years... 

But it just reinforces my belief that Iowa fans in groups (individually they seem like fine people) are the worst and least favorite fanbase I've ever experienced.

This thread is adorable. 

https://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/threads/had-a-debate-with-nebraska-fan-about-national-championships.87374/

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Holy cow, this board has a 207 page Nebraska hate thread from January 2018. I mean I get disliking your rival, but this is crazy: https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/official-nebraska-hate-thread.131154/page-207

Some truly vile stuff in there.

I’ve visit CO 3 or 4 times a year for the last couple decades and maybe it’s just me, but CO is home to the most irrationally pissed of people I’ve ever met. I’ve never understood it. They just seem mad all the time. 

17 minutes ago, Fru said:

I’ve visit CO 3 or 4 times a year for the last couple decades and maybe it’s just me, but CO is home to the most irrationally pissed of people I’ve ever met. I’ve never understood it. They just seem mad all the time. 

Where in Colorado? I am not a native, but I have lived in CO for 24 years. It has gotten worse as more and more people move here, but in general I thought people were happy and friendly. The only thing that irritates me is people driving slow in the fast lane and the People’s Republic of Boulder. :D

3 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

When we played in Columbia and we got Brad Smith'd that wasn't fun even a night game there was horrible. Then again it was mostly students yelling "F*ck Nebraska"

I was in Columbia once when the Missouri student section had Lil' Red pulled halfway in and were beating on him.  Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your perspective) a bunch of male Husker cheerleaders (who aren't small fellows) went sprinting over to his rescue.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I was in Columbia once when the Missouri student section had Lil' Red pulled halfway in and were beating on him.  Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your perspective) a bunch of male Husker cheerleaders (who aren't small fellows) went sprinting over to his rescue.

I want to beat Lil Red too but I don’t ‘cause there’s a real person in there with a family. I assume.

• Plus1 4

21 minutes ago, nic said:

Where in Colorado? I am not a native, but I have lived in CO for 24 years. It has gotten worse as more and more people move here, but in general I thought people were happy and friendly. The only thing that irritates me is people driving slow in the fast lane and the People’s Republic of Boulder. :D

When I’m in CO I’m usually in Denver but also frequent Colorado Springs, Boulder and Ft Collins. When I’m skiing I’m usually at Loveland, A Basin, Copper, Keystone or Breck. 

There’s definitely friendly folks, don’t get me wrong. But it just seems proportionally, there’s so many people who seem on edge compared to anywhere else I’ve ever been. 

1 hour ago, Fru said:

I've frequented CO multiple times a year for a number of years, usually to Denver or somewhere in the mountains but I can't say I share the same experiences.  People aren't Nebraska friendly but I've never really felt like it was a bunch of pissed off people around me :dunno

Must be you:D

I've only lived in Loveland a short time, but my experience so far has been the opposite of Fru's.  Very rarely encounter contentious people.  I have no desire to visit Denver or Boulder, so maybe that's part of why I've only been around pleasant people.  :lol:

1 minute ago, Calvin said:

I've only lived in Loveland a short time, but my experience so far has been the opposite of Fru's.  Very rarely encounter contentious people.  I have no desire to visit Denver or Boulder, so maybe that's part of why I've only been around pleasant people.  :lol:

In all honesty, most people in Colorado are more focused on the Broncos and don't even pay attention to the CU.  The people that I am going to the CU game with are actually Michigan fans who have season tickets to CU games because they just wanted something to do on Saturdays.

1 minute ago, Calvin said:

It could be the city aspect of it. Denver has changed a lot in the past couple decades. 

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

In all honesty, most people in Colorado are more focused on the Broncos and don't even pay attention to the CU.

This x1000000000000. It's kinda sad 

Nuggets #2 seed in the West? No one cares. Avs made the playoffs? What' Elway's next move to get another Super Bowl? Rockies are a team? "Flacco is gonna take us all the way!"

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Fru said:

It could be the city aspect of it. Denver has changed a lot in the past couple decades. 

Probably a big part of it.  Most folks around me are either CSU fans or Husker fans.  Generally agree that CU sucks.  :cheers

Oh, huge fan of Frusciante here too.  :woo

6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

In all honesty, most people in Colorado are more focused on the Broncos and don't even pay attention to the CU.  The people that I am going to the CU game with are actually Michigan fans who have season tickets to CU games because they just wanted something to do on Saturdays.

you choose good company. ;)