Fall Camp Pressers

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Soooo.....is Will the starting center because he's better than Cam?  OR....because Cam is hurt?

At this point who's better is irrelevant, since Jurgens is hurt Farniok is the #1 either way. Even when he comes back, I imagine Jurgens will have to win the job back - it's not being held for him.

Just now, Husker in WI said:

At this point who's better is irrelevant, since Jurgens is hurt Farniok is the #1 either way. Even when he comes back, I imagine Jurgens will have to win the job back - it's not being held for him.

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

Word is that he just got ok'd to get out of the boot due to the foot injury.

I wonder how much leg work he's been able to do in the off season for strength with a foot injury.

14 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I have been waiting for mention of this.

What is done in the weight room is only a part of having a physical team. For the offensive line particularly it's one of the biggest parts of the equation. But being a physical team is about practicing contact. The more gritty reps you get in practice the more confident you are to knock somebody on their a$$ and the more confident you are about knocking somebody on their a$$ you take the field with an attitude.

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, Undone said:

I have been waiting for mention of this.

What is done in the weight room is only a part of having a physical team. For the offensive line particularly it's one of the biggest parts of the equation. But being a physical team is about practicing contact. The more gritty reps you get in practice the more confident you are to knock somebody on their a$$ and the more confident you are about knocking somebody on their a$$ you take the field with an attitude.

I remember Zatechka saying he felt it helped a lot with injury prevention throughout the season.  It had something to do with stretching muscles or stressing joints which made them better prepared for contact in games.  Something a doctor might know so it sounded right.