Fall Camp Pressers

47 minutes ago, Mavric said:

OWH

We play at least two teams with guys similar to Wandale, three as OSU May have one. I’m not sure if Wandale being a problem will end up our D being exposed in the games against Purdue, CU, or OSU. Here’s to the pass rush causing bad QB decisions all season and Wandale’s shiftiness getting the LB’s and DB’s ready. 

On 8/1/2019 at 2:27 PM, Undone said:

I have been waiting for mention of this.

What is done in the weight room is only a part of having a physical team. For the offensive line particularly it's one of the biggest parts of the equation. But being a physical team is about practicing contact. The more gritty reps you get in practice the more confident you are to knock somebody on their a$$ and the more confident you are about knocking somebody on their a$$ you take the field with an attitude.

This... which is why I always believe not tackling in practice with the intent on preventing injuries to be counterintuitive 

• Plus1 1

Austin Allen with an important quote that I think went unnoticed. Go to about the 2:20 mark of his video and he talks about the defensive line playing “games”.

Games are more commonly referred to as stunts or twists these days. This isn’t exactly brand new information as this can be seen a litte in the spring game, but this is something Cal did quite a bit last year and Nebraska hasn’t for quite some time.  

44 minutes ago, brophog said:

Austin Allen with an important quote that I think went unnoticed. Go to about the 2:20 mark of his video and he talks about the defensive line playing “games”.

Games are more commonly referred to as stunts or twists these days. This isn’t exactly brand new information as this can be seen a litte in the spring game, but this is something Cal did quite a bit last year and Nebraska hasn’t for quite some time.  

When I think of stunts I keep seeing the Troy line running in unabated while our guys watched confused.....

Man, they back those coaches and players up in their little interviews. Seems like they really press them. They all end up against a wall lol. 

A lot of what  “we” want to hear as fans but what can they really say? Practice today...rest, recover, repeat...get it on again tomorrow. 

In other words, pressure...the pressure can cook some players/coaches...I feel like they’re  just bursting to go play and dominate.  Not a lot of wishful thinking right now, more of just ready to get after it. 

Been a long time since we as fans don’t have to guess WTF is going on. Feels good to watch interviews and almost want more answers because the coaches and players have s#!t nailed down,  a sense of purpose and direction; rather than left guessing at conditionIng/mindset/purpose/philosophy. Like Frost said when he was hired: everyone in the State moving together in the same direction. 

Can’t WAIT. 

On 8/1/2019 at 2:27 PM, Undone said:

I have been waiting for mention of this.

What is done in the weight room is only a part of having a physical team. For the offensive line particularly it's one of the biggest parts of the equation. But being a physical team is about practicing contact. The more gritty reps you get in practice the more confident you are to knock somebody on their a$$ and the more confident you are about knocking somebody on their a$$ you take the field with an attitude.

I remember players from Frost's era saying they couldn't wait for Saturday because the practices were so tough the game seemed like a break. Also, the practices were so high energy that even good friends would start to get after each other, so they couldn't wait to hit somebody from another team.  That showed in the results.

I'm sure it's coming from the coaches, but I really like the we have to go earn it attitude this year. None of the oh we think we're this and we think we'll do that nonsense. It's we're better, but we gotta earn on the field. That's a great mindset, confidence and desire. 

9 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I'm sure it's coming from the coaches, but I really like the we have to go earn it attitude this year. None of the oh we think we're this and we think we'll do that nonsense. It's we're better, but we gotta earn on the field. That's a great mindset, confidence and desire. 

That’s what happens when you come in Day 1 setting up a competitive environment, and you’re willing to go 4-8 if that’s what it takes to accomplish that. They said Day 1 this will be about working hard and having fun. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1