BTN Bus Tour - In Lincoln August 19th

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Its also kinda their job to beat around the bush. They have to hit on every team and create intrigue. They are advertising the B1G and that clip wasn't a 'give me your prediction' type thing, just an overview of what they saw in the West. They sounded similar on the East video thats just what this is. They aren't losing credibility because they aren't prediciting a winner because they aren't supposed to in that clip.

They do none of those well in that piece. You can say it isn’t a prediction segment, but then they start the sentence with “the winner of this division will be <blank>”.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, brophog said:

They do none of those well in that piece. You can say it isn’t a prediction segment, but then they start the sentence with “the winner of this division will be <blank>”.

Whatever you say man. I watched the East one as well and this is just what it is. Griffith said that but DiNardo was pretty much the same in both segments, don't talk about one team too much, just talk about the division in general. 

1 minute ago, ScawFraw said:

How long were they able to see each practice?

I assume they got to see 1 full practice for each team. It's gotta be part of the contract that they do this and I doubt they'd send the bus all the way to each school from some coach to be secretive and kick them out after 20 minutes.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I assume they got to see 1 full practice for each team. It's gotta be part of the contract that they do this and I doubt they'd send the bus all the way to each school from some coach to be secretive and kick them out after 20 minutes.

So do they have a better idea of what we can do vs the local media guys?

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Doubt it. And even if they did, they blow sunshine up everyone's asses even though they're a neutral party. They're just nice to everyone.

I would trust the local media over the BTN guys.  While the local media hasn't seen a full practice, they have been around the team much longer and know the team in much more detail.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I would trust the local media over the BTN guys.  While the local media hasn't seen a full practice, they have been around the team much longer and know the team in much more detail.

What they can definitely see better is change over time. Only problem is they will also try to stay positive even if we suck :)

Just now, Moiraine said:

What they can definitely see better is change over time. Only problem is they will also try to stay positive even if we suck :)

I don't think the local media tries to stay positive, even during the bad times.  I think McKewon is pretty honest about NU, as are the other local beat writers.  Now, the columnists (Sipple and Shatel) may try to pump more sunshine than is warranted.

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't think the local media tries to stay positive, even during the bad times.  I think McKewon is pretty honest about NU, as are the other local beat writers.  Now, the columnists (Sipple and Shatel) may try to pump more sunshine than is warranted.

I don’t read much of their stuff. I just don’t remember a whole lot of negativity when Riley was here. 

1 hour ago, Savage Husker said:

Is Northwestern’s practice field a better surface than their game field?

I'd more or less guarantee their indoor field is, but the video takes place on their soccer field. I've played many an intramural game on that very field. 

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

They are generally positive during training camp, mainly because they don’t have another team to compare NU to.

That's what we're talking about though; how the team looks during camp and what the predictions are. Were they positive during Riley's years for that reason or because they didn't want to be negative? It makes more sense to be negative right after a loss. It's more acceptable to the fans at that point.

33 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I'd more or less guarantee their indoor field is, but the video takes place on their soccer field. I've played many an intramural game on that very field. 

Ah gotcha. Wasn’t sure if they used that field for an outdoor practice. Their indoor facility does look pretty sweet from tv