BTN Bus Tour - In Lincoln August 19th

I agree that they sort of hype everyone up and that's the point, to advance the B1G. My biggest take away though is how Dinardo and really all of them did a 180 on Nebraska. They came in thinking we were at least a year a way and flipped to they can compete this year and maybe even hinting at them being a favorite. Things had to be drastically better in practice to flip them that much. 

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, Moiraine said:

That's what we're talking about though; how the team looks during camp and what the predictions are. Were they positive during Riley's years for that reason or because they didn't want to be negative? It makes more sense to be negative right after a loss. It's more acceptable to the fans at that point.

McKewon hated Pelini and kept blaming Pelini until he absolutely couldn't anymore.  So he was one of the last hold-outs to turn on Riley.

22 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t read much of their stuff. I just don’t remember a whole lot of negativity when Riley was here. 

In 2016, Dinardo said a good goal for the team would be to get to a bowl game.  I think in 2015 they commented about the practices being "west coast" practices, which I assumed was a hint at them being pretty soft.  I don't remember what year 2015 or 2016 that Howard made a comment about players need to get up off the ground.

On 8/26/2019 at 9:39 PM, Mavric said:

I watch the Big Show on BTN every morning.  They play the show from the night before at 6 AM MT.  Anyway the "experts" on that day were asked if they bought into the hype around Nebraska.  

Pat Forde- NO

Dave Wannstedt - NO

J. Leiman- NO

All cited the defense or lack there of as their reason.  

Dave Revsine, the host of the show who has seen Nebraska practice,  said their defensive line looked good and deep at the end of the segment.  He commented that the grad transfer Darrion Daniels looked like the real deal.  

As has been mentioned before, I think Griffith and DiNardo were very much more impressed with what they saw than they thought they would be.  In their rap up they liked Nebraska's offense a lot in a round about way.  Then they said the key was to have a "good enough" run defense.  It didn't have to be the best, just good enough.   

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, NUinID said:

I watch the Big Show on BTN every morning.  They play the show from the night before at 6 AM MT.  Anyway the "experts" on that day were asked if they bought into the hype around Nebraska.  

Pat Forde- NO

Dave Wannstedt - NO

J. Leiman- NO

All cited the defense or lack there of as their reason.  

Dave Revsine, the host of the show who has seen Nebraska practice,  said their defensive line looked good and deep at the end of the segment.  He commented that the grad transfer Darrion Daniels looked like the real deal.  

As has been mentioned before, I think Griffith and DiNardo were very much more impressed with what they saw than they thought they would be.  In their rap up they liked Nebraska's offense a lot in a round about way.  Then they said the key was to have a "good enough" run defense.  It didn't have to be the best, just good enough.   

I know nothing of Wannstedt’s or Leiman’s prognostication skills, but Forde is a confirmed Husker hater, so I can’t take anything he says seriously.

• Plus1 1