Best Husker Team to Not Win a National Title Game 4: 1993 Nebraska vs. 1965 Nebraska

Best Husker Team to Not Win the National Title Game 4:  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the Winner

• 1993 Nebraska
    • 1965 Nebraska

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/12/2019 at 04:59 AM

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don't disagree with your overall point, but the example you're using isn't cut and dried, where as the examples people are talking about above are. The FSU guy clearly fumbled before the goal line, the PSU guy was clearly out of bounds. With the MSU example, the rule talks about being forced out of bounds, and it looks to me like the MSU defender touches him. Even watching the replay 10 times it's still muddy. We aren't talking about muddy calls here, we're talking about clear ones.

We also aren't talking about MSU losing a national championship due to the call.

Fair enough,  the FSU, PSU calls were obvious, no doubt.  Did those calls affect the game ? Of course they did.  Would Nebraska have won the title in 93 if that call was made ? Most likely they would have,  but the ref didn't make the call and everyone freaked (me included) .  One could also argue that the game wasn't lost at that point,  it was lost when Bennet missed the 42 yarder at the end. So to say that we lost a natty because of a non-call by the officials doesn't make sense to me.  The win was there for the taking  if that ball sails through the uprights like we all wanted it to.   If that happens nobody cares about the FSU fumble before the goaline that wasn't called.  The PSU call is one of the worst I've seen, but I didn't even watch football then.