What does a realistic successful season look like this year?

I mean, we all want the Huskers to win the national championship. But let's be realistic here as there are still some holes to fill and unanswered questions. So what would a successful season look like in terms of attainable expectations to you?

I think 9-3 or 8-4 with no blowout losses in the regular season would set up Year 3 quite nicely.

Oh, and a thorough mudstomping of Iowa, just to shut up all of my friends from Iowa. :D

• Fire 1

It's dependent on a lot of things. For example, what if we have really key injuries and our opponents have much better than predicted teams? 

If 2008 until now has taught us anything (which it doesn't seem it has much) it should be that a win total isn't the appropriate answer to that question. A realistic successful season to me is one where we either win the West or are a bad bounce/break or two away from it, and where we start finding those moments where we have the potential to really clamp down on a lesser opponent's throat and we seize the opportunity. Successful season is more a mindset thing than anyone; right now is the time to claim the western throne that so many of us feel entitled to.

• Plus1 1

You know, I can't remember the last time I sat at the Thanksgiving table and had an engrossing convo with the family about how excited we were about Husker football. Maybe 2012? If the good feelings we have now continue into the holidays, that will feel like success. I want to be as excited at Thanksgiving as I am now.

• Plus1 1

8-4 and a bowl would be nice, but admittedly a little disappointing.I think 10-2 is very possible. Would definitely need some good breaks for that to happen. But it’s not out of the realm of possibility. 

I say 10-2. Of CU, OSU, Iowa or Wisconsin, I think we lose one. Then have an OT loss to someone like Maryland or NW. Win the West and play Mich St. 

I think we hit 8-4, beat Wisconsin (I think they'll have a hard year), lose a last second game to OSU, Beat NU, but lose to IA, and MD plus one other on a flukey game. I think we may stumble down the stretch and get a bowl win to hit 9 wins. We barely miss out on the division by 1 game. To get over 9 we're going to have to get lucky or some other teams will have some injury issues.

2020 we're making the playoffs and winning a Natty! You heard it here first!