One Player from the Riley Disaster

19 hours ago, Toe said:

I suspect he would've been buried on the depth chart. Verduzco wouldn't let him get away with being as bad of a passer as he was.

I suspect Verduzco would have gotten a lot more out of him than the last staff. Armstrong was also a competitor and leader, which may have had a big impact last season.

I would have loved to have seen what TA could do under Frost and Verduzco.

Since we have an exciting guy at QB now I would have to say DPE on offense or Gerry on defense. Gerry in a system that preaches discipline and accountability would be something.

5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I suspect Verduzco would have gotten a lot more out of him than the last staff. Armstrong was also a competitor and leader, which may have had a big impact last season.

True, although I'd rather see what T-Mart could've done under this staff than Armstrong.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 8/13/2019 at 6:44 AM, swmohusker said:

Maliek Collins even though we are deep up front he was a stud

nick gates.  Would have benefited from duval and frost.  Could slide Farniok to guard and have him and Jamies as tackles.  

The only person I would of expected to choose Nick Gates in this exercise would of been Nick Gates.:D

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Based on the thread title, I actually thought this thread was going to present the argument that if a specific play from the Pelini era had gone a different way then the 'Riley disaster' wouldn't have happened.

I thought we were supposed to pick one play out of Riley's playbook.  I've been banging my head against the wall ever since.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
50 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Based on the thread title, I actually thought this thread was going to present the argument that if a specific play from the Pelini era had gone a different way then the 'Riley disaster' wouldn't have happened.

There is one specific play in the Pelini era that would have avoided the Riley disaster.  It's called the jet sweep.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3