One Player from the Riley Disaster

47 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I thought I had read that Gebbia was pushing for the starting job there.  I wonder how ol' Caleb is doing.  Hopefully better than that play!  I do hope he's doing good.

Yeah it looks like Gebbia is going head to head with Jake Luton, OSU's super duper senior.  Given Luton's injury history, you gotta think Gebbia will get ample opportunity to play.

• Fire 1
9 hours ago, CapoValley said:

Is this supposed to be one play you want changed from the Riley era?  If so I say we catch the pass against Wisconsin in 16

It was supposed to be one player you wanted back from the Riley era, but I messed up the title and don't know how/can't change it.

On 8/13/2019 at 7:43 AM, Blackshirt316 said:

It stopped the clock with 55 seconds left and Illinois had no timeouts. If you don't stop the clock you can run the entire play clock down on 4th down and essentially no matter what you do  Illinois has at best has a couple seconds 70+ yards from their endzone to maybe run one play, though since the failed pass to Janovich on 4th down took 10 seconds off the clock there is a good chance the game ends on that 4th down play.

Keeping the clock running, using the entire playclock and taking a 5 yard delay of game penalty also means you can kick a 32 yard field goal and if there's any time left the game ends on a squib kick.

Look no one is arguing the stupidity of the ending, but in fact kneeing would not have ended the game. 

• 2 months later...