Most Interesting Opposing Player

Most Interesting Opposing Players  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm always interested in specific star players on opposing teams, and I'm curious which ones other fans are excited to watch too. Excited might not be the right word, I'm not exactly excited to see us play Jonathan Taylor again. But as a fan of the sport as a whole, it's definitely fun to watch him play and how we try and handle him.

I ended up making 3 polls which is probably excessive, and for QB I'm interested in who you're most interested in watching, while the other I'm just curious if you care about seeing them specifically at all so you can choose multiple.

QBs:

Montez has been there forever, and feels like the guy who ends up with school records as a result of that instead of actually being great.

Fields and Johnson are both 5* transfers - Fields should be way more dynamic, but Johnson has the extra appeal of being in our division playing for a school that's never had a big time QB.

Williams and Mertz are also highly touted, but as true freshman have even less proven than the 2 above. Neither may start, but Williams looks exciting and Mertz is interesting because an actual QB could make Wisconsin much better.

Offense:

Probably mostly familiar names. The 2 we haven't seen are Scott from Indiana and McFarland from Maryland - both ran for 1,000 yards lat year. Scott is a tank, and McFarland averaged 8 ypc last year, including a 298 yard game against Ohio State.

Defense:

Also should be a familiar group other than Karlaftis from Purdue,who is a big time true freshman, and Winfield from Minnesota who was hurt last year IIRC. I'm a sucker for good LBs, so I'm excited to see Landman and Fisher. Especially because as good as they are, I think our scheme is a huge problem for them - I remember Fisher making a lot more plays against us in 2017 than he did last year.

• Plus1 2

Fun topic!

It looks like most of the voters are all on the Fields train (myself included).  I want to see what the hype is all about.

I'm most interested in Tyler Johnson.  I watch very little Minnesota and Johnson is getting some big time buzz.  He's clearly extremely talented, just want to see some more.

Chase Young on defense for me.  He's an absolute animal.  Good to see Winfield back, if he can tackle remotely as well as his dad he's gonna be a tough out.