Which type I-back do you prefer?

I-Back Type Preference  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ahman Green to me was the greatest. 

LP suspended in what could’ve been a Heisman season? No problem, stick in a true freshman. Pressure? What pressure?? All he did was bruise and cruise. 

Had a good pro career too. 

He glided so well. But could dip that shoulder and run some mofo’s over. 

Overall, I’ll take the bruised type back. On a carry by carry basis, they get the yards no matter what. 

• Plus1 4
5 minutes ago, I am I said:

Ahman Green to me was the greatest. 

LP suspended in what could’ve been a Heisman season? No problem, stick in a true freshman. Pressure? What pressure?? All he did was bruise and cruise. 

Had a good pro career too. 

He glided so well. But could dip that shoulder and run some mofo’s over. 

Overall, I’ll take the bruised type back. On a carry by carry basis, they get the yards no matter what. 

It’s funny you think of Ahman as a bruising-style running back. I thought of him as a speed back, getting in the open field on an option pitch and flying down the sideline. 

• Fire 1

Going back thru the RB’s of my time here is how I would classify the best RB’s I have seen play since the early 80s. 

Rozier: great combo of size and speed

Keith Jones: pure speed back with sprinter’s speed

Ken Clark: power back with good speed

Derek Brown: speed and agility with decent power, versatile back

Calvin Jones: good combo of size and speed

LP:  best combo of size and speed. Most talented NU I-back ever

Ahman:  speed back who had power when needed. Probably the 3rd best I-back ever at NU

Helu: speed back who could break the long runs

Burkhead:  power back who could get tough yards between tackles by making himself small and finding the creases

Ameer:  good, but not great speed. Great power for his size, very quick and elusive with the ability to get to top speed after 1 cut. 4th best I-back in my lifetime at NU.