Which type I-back do you prefer?

I-Back Type Preference  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Dedrick Mills - 15 carries, 44 yards, 2.9 ypc

Mo Washington - 6 carries, 39 yards, 6.5 ypc

Speed, Quickness, Agility >>> Size, Toughness, Breaking tackles

They can get yards on their own much easier than the "bulldozers"

Mills could have done what Washington did, he just didn’t.

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Dedrick Mills - 15 carries, 44 yards, 2.9 ypc

Mo Washington - 6 carries, 39 yards, 6.5 ypc

Speed, Quickness, Agility >>> Size, Toughness, Breaking tackles

They can get yards on their own much easier than the "bulldozers"

Mo looked good in limited carries today. Hopefully Mills will do a better job of creating yards when holes aren’t always there. 

Just now, brophog said:

Mills could have done what Washington did, he just didn’t.

Huh? Mo had runs today which Mills can’t do. 

2 minutes ago, brophog said:

Watching it again, I’m almost ready to give him the benefit of the doubt and say ‘yes’.

I'm hoping Mills grows into the roll.  He didn't appear to run through or over anyone.  I look at Oz's improvement under Frost and Co.  Thinking Mills might show the same.  

On another note, does Mo play next week if nothing is adjudicated with his case Weds?  I think the two of them with Wandale could gove DC's fits.

Just now, lo country said:

On another note, does Mo play next week if nothing is adjudicated with his case Weds?  I think the two of them with Wandale could gove DC's fits.

Mo will play until the case is decided.

Thinking he plays a lot.

6 minutes ago, brophog said:

Watching it again, I’m almost ready to give him the benefit of the doubt and say ‘yes’.

The mental gymnastics is impressive.

• Plus1 1

I don't think Held did a good job of breaking Mills fullback mentality.  His modus operandi is to run over people.  If he uses more juke and utilizes his size to break arm tackles then he would probably be more successful in this offense.  Not sure what kind of speed he has once in the open field.

6 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I don't think Held did a good job of breaking Mills fullback mentality.  His modus operandi is to run over people.  If he uses more juke and utilizes his size to break arm tackles then he would probably be more successful in this offense.  Not sure what kind of speed he has once in the open field.

Frost said he was surprised by his speed in the open field so I think some. Also, the bruiser style works best when the oline has defenders already moving backwards and the RBs momentum blows them up. Mills was getting hit in the backfilled or line of scrimmage before he had any speed. I think poor oline play hurt Mills as much as the offense as a whole today. 

24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

The mental gymnastics is impressive.

1:26:35 Washington presses, then cuts outside. There is no reason Mills can’t bounce those outside. He likely doesn’t get as big of a gain, but he has to be able to make that initial cut in this offense.

21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

He put on 25 pounds of muscle...not 25 pounds of amazing Amigos soft tacos with ranch sauce.

If what some of these people are thinking is true...the entire team would be made up of 85 pound 4th graders.  Dude has one bad game and all of a sudden we go to the "working out is bad for you" card.  

10 out of 10 doctors agree that working out is good for you.  

2 minutes ago, brophog said:

1:26:35 Washington presses, then cuts outside. There is no reason Mills can’t bounce those outside. He likely doesn’t get as big of a gain, but he has to be able to make that initial cut in this offense.

The first 2 runs by Mo are runs that I don’t think Mills can do in this offense. The first one, Mo was able to turn that corner and get 7 yards. The 2nd run which you point out is classic Mo. He turns a probable short gain into a long run with 2 moves.  Mills didn’t show any lateral cuts or moves today. 

23 minutes ago, brophog said:

I was talking about the part where the only explanation you can come up with for him no doing what you claim he can do is because he was intentionally getting tackled.