Which type I-back do you prefer?

I-Back Type Preference  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I was talking about the part where the only explanation you can come up with for him no doing what you claim he can do is because he was intentionally getting tackled.

That was a joke. I’ve said many times today how poor I thought his vision was, so when you said that, I just went with it.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:43 PM, Mavric said:

Dedrick Mills - 15 carries, 44 yards, 2.9 ypc

Mo Washington - 6 carries, 39 yards, 6.5 ypc

Speed, Quickness, Agility >>> Size, Toughness, Breaking tackles

They can get yards on their own much easier than the "bulldozers"

Hey, that's not real fair. Mo didn't have to run behind a Jurgens snapping line. :D

• Haha 1

Truly elite RBs would have a mixture of everything - Speed, agility, power, shiftiness. (Ameer Abdullah)

If I were to have to choose between the different types, it would really depend on the type of offense I'm running. If it's a spread like what we run now, I'll choose small shifty RBs all day. Get them into open space and make guys miss. If it's a pro style offense, I'll take a strong bulldozer for RB. They can carry 25-30 times in a game and hold up.

My unsolicited 2 cents...

• Plus1 1
Just now, ActualCornHusker said:

Truly elite RBs would have a mixture of everything - Speed, agility, power, shiftiness. (Ameer Abdullah)

Abdullah was great but I'm not sure I'd really say he had a lot of power.

I think Rex Burkhead was the closest we've had to having everything.  He wasn't that fast but fast enough.  Everything else he was great at.

Just now, Mavric said:

Abdullah was great but I'm not sure I'd really say he had a lot of power.

I think Rex Burkhead was the closest we've had to having everything.  He wasn't that fast but fast enough.  Everything else he was great at.

Abdullah was on the smaller side, but he ran between the tackles pretty damn well and had enough strength (due to his weight room work ethic) to break tackles and fall forward when tackled

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Speed, Quickness, Agility type >>> Size, Toughness, Breaking tackles type

Mills goes nowhere on this play.

I'd still say that power is an important part of playing RB. Wandale gets thrown around like a rag doll at times, and it speaks volumes about his toughness that he continues to get up after those big hits.