Husker player safety and targeting

dvdcrr

I mean I am just trying to stay out front of the NCAA rules committee, making sure SAFETY (profit)  is the top priority.

And so going along with this, I had another idea.  Impact testing has been going on by helmet manufacturers and Universities.  They are using embedded sensors which measure deceleration of the brain.  We should take those sensors and put them in all helmets.  Then we could hard wire those to a little red spinning light on top of the helmet.  So when a severe deceleration ( hit) is detected, the red light is activated on the player's head.  When an official sees the spinning red light , the player is automatically ejected!  Perfect.  Then we could spend a full 15 minutes just watching replays of the hit while the coach's objection is lodged and adjudicated.  That would really ad to the game!  George Halas would be proud!

2 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

I mean I am just trying to stay out front of the NCAA rules committee, making sure SAFETY (profit)  is the top priority.

And so going along with this, I had another idea.  Impact testing has been going on by helmet manufacturers and Universities.  They are using embedded sensors which measure deceleration of the brain.  We should take those sensors and put them in all helmets.  Then we could hard wire those to a little red spinning light on top of the helmet.  So when a severe deceleration ( hit) is detected, the red light is activated on the player's head.  When an official sees the spinning red light , the player is automatically ejected!  Perfect.  Then we could spend a full 15 minutes just watching replays of the hit while the coach's objection is lodged and adjudicated.  That would really ad to the game!  George Halas would be proud!

vgrIj.jpg

• Haha 2