Frost Appearances & Interviews

I liked the "bloom where you are planted" advise he got from Osborne.  I thought his analogies of UCF as new construction and Nebraska as a remodel were interesting.  I'm astonished that a 4-8 season at Nebraska wouldn't be enough of a clue to the players that everything was broken and they needed to change.  As I said at the time, roster churn is a good thing.

6 minutes ago, brophog said:

I’ve said this before, but I don’t think we ever have to discuss firing Frost. If he didn’t think he could do the job he would step down before that decision had to be made by others.

That's probably true.  His concepts of leadership and vision for how he wants the team, being a QB on a NC team at Nebraska plus what he accomplished at UCF makes me hope he steps down only for retirement.  Otherwise, there's not much chance of someone else being able to turn the program around.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I'm astonished that a 4-8 season at Nebraska wouldn't be enough of a clue to the players that everything was broken and they needed to change.

He was referring way more to last season. They had people leave before the season started and during the season.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Damn it.

We had 4 teams score over 50 on us so I’d say Frost made marked improvement. 

giphy.gif]

I didn't say you had to click the link.

Michigan was the only disappointing game last year as far as effort.  Frost didn't seem too concerned and said they weren't ready for that game.  I'm just hoping they compete in every game this year and never give up.  Get some pride back into the program.  If that give us a lot of wins, great.

6 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Get some pride back into the program.

That often starts on the defensive side. Unlike the offense, defenses can’t take plays off. You’ve got to play with a certain attitude if you want any hope of being a decent defense. 

We are totally seeing that. It’s spreading like wildfire through the defense and starting to really infiltrate the offense. I don’t know how many games we will win, I suspect quite a few, but this program is definitely heading in the direction fans can be proud of. And, frankly, I think we can be proud of the fans. Who else sits through frigid temps to watch a 3-7 team play in a field goal kicking competition. I thought the fans last year showed remarkable patience and understanding of where this needs to go. 

• Plus1 1