Frost Appearances & Interviews

It's worth the wait.  Finally with Frost, there is an understanding of what needs to be done, and what the goal is. 

The Defense, with what they have shown, seems light years ahead of where they have been.  The Blackshirt attitude of tackling a guy behind the line of scrimmage appears to be back.

It's awesome to see the look in the players eyes again that was there when Osborne was Head Coach.

@brophog , @cornhuskers4ever. what are you basing your opinions on?  Are you guys attending practices?  I saw some improvements in the latter half of last season but that's not difficult after starting 0-6.  I've heard a lot of talk about how things are improving from players and coaches but that's not new.  I've seen nothing on the field that indicates Frost's culture has taken hold.  The pot related incidents this offseason aren't selfless attitudes that put the team first.  I think we'll soon find out if our wishes have come true but until then, that's all they are.

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

My only problem with the video is if I was a coach I’d try to use all those ideas, and I want us to hoard all of them. Although I’m guessing Frost is better at them than most people. 

I have actually thought about this concept before, yeah. But demonstrably, you only leverage it when the person leading the organization really walks the walk and is cut from the right cloth to pull it off. So in reality, many can and will try and will fail.

On 8/16/2019 at 12:18 AM, brophog said:

I’ve said this before, but I don’t think we ever have to discuss firing Frost. If he didn’t think he could do the job he would step down before that decision had to be made by others.

And I would also add, if he can’t do the job, nobody can. I agree, he will hold himself accountable to the highest level of performance and if he ever feels he isn’t the guy for the job he will step down. This is not simply a paycheck or step up the ladder for him, imo. He has learned the best lessons from quite a few very good teachers and I see no possible scenario where firing him would ever put Nebraska Football in a better position. As long as he is the HC I will readily accept that any outcome, any result, any W-L record is the absolute best we could ever possibly hope for.

• Thanks 1
On 8/17/2019 at 12:32 PM, JJ Husker said:

And I would also add, if he can’t do the job, nobody can. I agree, he will hold himself accountable to the highest level of performance and if he ever feels he isn’t the guy for the job he will step down. This is not simply a paycheck or step up the ladder for him, imo. He has learned the best lessons from quite a few very good teachers and I see no possible scenario where firing him would ever put Nebraska Football in a better position. As long as he is the HC I will readily accept that any outcome, any result, any W-L record is the absolute best we could ever possibly hope for.

I second that! He’s our guy, regardless of what happens going forward. I’m proud to have him as our coach. High character man teaching boys to be men. I’ll take that any day. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1