Who's too good to not play this year?

Decoy73

I'm talking true freshmen, transfers w/ a red shirt year left, or maybe a walk-on who has impressed, etc.  I get that we don't know much yet, but from what we've gathered from practice reports and the media, who sounds like they're simply too good to redshirt this year?  I'll start with a couple:

Wan'Dale:  Obvious choice

Garrett Nelson:  His motor and attitude must not be wasted on a redshirt IMO.  I could see him becoming a special teams force this season.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I'm talking true freshmen, transfers w/ a red shirt year left, or maybe a walk-on who has impressed, etc.  I get that we don't know much yet, but from what we've gathered from practice reports and the media, who sounds like they're simply too good to redshirt this year?  I'll start with a couple:

Wan'Dale:  Obvious choice

Garrett Nelson:  His motor and attitude must not be wasted on a redshirt IMO.  I could see him becoming a special teams force this season.

With the 4 game rule I think this really becomes less of an issue with players like Nelson. But I'd throw Ty Rob on the list as well, been hearing good things about him

8 hours ago, brophog said:

One of the safest picks for this list because of special teams. The question is how soon is he stealing reps on defense. Stock seems to rise daily.

Nelson could be a situational pass rusher. Media guys say he looks good when he only has to go forward and rush the passer, but doesn’t look good in other situations. 

17 hours ago, runningblind said:

Jahkeem Green

Maybe Bryce Benhart now with Gaylord going down.  Hearing a lot about Quinton Newsome also.

From the pictures out there, Green looks like a stud. Hopefully he’s not a look like Tarzan, play like Jane guy. 

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Better than not looking good while rushing or doing anything else like a lot of guys on the defense over the years

Settle down, dude.  Where did you get that I was bagging on Nelson?  If Nelson is able to be a situational pass rusher as a true freshman, that will be great.  NU has had a few guys like that through the years, and they ended up being great players.

30 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Settle down, dude.  Where did you get that I was bagging on Nelson?  If Nelson is able to be a situational pass rusher as a true freshman, that will be great.  NU has had a few guys like that through the years, and they ended up being great players.

You settle down dude.  Where did you get the impression that I got the impression that you were baggin on Nelson.  I was just stating the obvious.  I didn't even use an exclamation point....dude :)

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3