CB Ronald Delancy III

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

31 members have voted

1. 1. To which school Delancy III commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

27 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I'll side with the recruiting staff's of Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State and the vast majority of P5 teams.

It's not like they haven't worked to get kids at that level. I mean we have another CB committed in this class with Bama, Clemson and OSU offers. They're trying to flip another one from Oregon and they're working on another kid with big P5 offers. They're not trying to avoid top talent, but if you can't get those guys to commit taking a kid who may be a project or a depth/special teams player is not the wrong solution especially with the young and talented depth our secondary has.

57 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

It's not like they haven't worked to get kids at that level. I mean we have another CB committed in this class with Bama, Clemson and OSU offers. They're trying to flip another one from Oregon and they're working on another kid with big P5 offers. They're not trying to avoid top talent, but if you can't get those guys to commit taking a kid who may be a project or a depth/special teams player is not the wrong solution especially with the young and talented depth our secondary has.

There are always 3 star kids that are missed by the services.  This is only 2nd full year of recruiting.  I too will trust our staff!

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This would be the second 'project's taken in the secondary this class.

If everybody wants to hope every 3* player is a diamond in the rough, that's fine. I just choose to hope for players with better offer lists and ratings.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
34 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This would be the second 'project's taken in the secondary this class.

If everybody wants to hope every 3* player is a diamond in the rough, that's fine. I just choose to hope for players with better offer lists and ratings.

Yeah too bad we took a 5.5 project in Cam Taylor.  Braxton Clark, Newsome, Farmer would all be considered projects.  Pretty excited to see those guys develop.  Lamar Jackson would be classified as a star coming out of HS and it took him 3 years to figure it out.   Eric Lee, Avery Anderson, Marquel Dismuke were all 4 stars and I think the 3 stars we have could have a higher ceiling.  But who knows? I guess we will just have to wait and see. 

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Yeah too bad we took a 5.5 project in Cam Taylor.  Braxton Clark, Newsome, Farmer would all be considered projects.  Pretty excited to see those guys develop.  Lamar Jackson would be classified as a star coming out of HS and it took him 3 years to figure it out.   Eric Lee, Avery Anderson, Marquel Dismuke were all 4 stars and I think the 3 stars we have could have a higher ceiling.  But who knows? I guess we will just have to wait and see. 

When did Lamar Jackson figure it out? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10225686/5be837850dc06c078066860b

I recommend you to watch this in its entirety but if you want to see a tremendous example of Ronald's natural ability, watch the play that starts at the 2:04 mark. There wasn't a single step of wasted movement, and is such a beautiful thing to watch. That's coverage skills from a guy who wants to take your head off. Bring him in Fish. 

1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

This is what I see.

Ronald is fluid in his hips and shows really good break on the ball. He has nice recovery speed, and is extremely physical. He also shows really good corner instincts in his pre snap movement, and looks extremely comfortable playing safety. This is all by a player who is 5'11-6ft and 170 lbs. 

So with that said, Ronald possesses a natural ability that Coach Fish doesn't have to teach. He is clearly a "dog" and likes to stick his nose in; which Fish loves. He will benefit tremendously from S&C considering that he probably doesn't lift a lot. His two star ranking is a reflection on the lack of work rivals did. Lastly, if you're going to "reach", you do it in Miami. Three star corners with Ronald's ability are 4 star players in many other parts of the country. 

Ronald fits the profile of what this team needs. A player who has seen the best competition and wants to strike you. He and someone like Quinton Newsome don't give a sh*t about who you are because their best friend or teammate was a 5 star. They strap it up and compete because it is all they know. 

Damn now I am fired up. 

Is it just me or does that sound a lot like you are describing Cam Taylor?

• Plus1 1

There once was a player from the same high school, that is one of the biggest powerhouses in the nation, was only a two star recruit with no big offers.  Ended up going the JUCO route and then found his way to Lincoln.  LaVonte David is really the only kid from his team that was littered with four/five star kids that still is playing in the league or really had an impact of any kind.

Questioning Fish or Held liking what they see on film, being their the two guys on the staff worth their salt recruiting, is comical

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Ronald Delancy III
  • Mavric pinned this topic