CB Ronald Delancy III

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

31 members have voted

1. 1. To which school Delancy III commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

51 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Disagree

UM is late to the party and had their chance to make impression - the only impression they made was not showing enough interest.  It seems like RD got a taste and it will stay with him through December.

That's a great point of view from a Husker fan....

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, HopefulHusker said:

First time poster. I don't want to rain on the parade, but are players of this caliber really going to make us compete with the elite of the B1G? 

Not every 2* player is a diamond in the rough. This sort of recruiting makes me worried for the team.

Our 3 star commits are identified because of high upside and a will to compete. From a physical standpoint, there is nothing that says "2 star" when watching Ronald's tape. He is also having an excellent senior year.  

12 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

Our 3 star commits are identified because of high upside and a will to compete. From a physical standpoint, there is nothing that says "2 star" when watching Ronald's tape. He is also having an excellent senior year.  

I'm not so sure. If he has so much upside why are his only other offers from FIU, FAU, Kent St, and U of L?  Either Frost sees something no one else sees, or every other P5 program is right and they try to get better prospects. 

Just my take though.

3 minutes ago, HopefulHusker said:

I'm not so sure. If he has so much upside why are his only other offers from FIU, FAU, Kent St, and U of L?  Either Frost sees something no one else sees, or every other P5 program is right and they try to get better prospects. 

Just my take though.

You're not so sure about what? If you want, show me on the tape where you see a two star player, and I would love to go over it.

But let's be real, you're not watching any tape or making any real prognostication towards Ronald's potential. You're just translating a star ranking to career and team outcome. Trust me, I want 5 stars at every position, but Nebraska needs who they have already, to sack up and get better. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

You're not so sure about what? If you want, show me on the tape where you see a two star player, and I would love to go over it.

But let's be real, you're not watching any tape or making any real prognostication towards Ronald's potential. You're just translating a star ranking to career and team outcome. Trust me, I want 5 stars at every position, but Nebraska needs who they have already, to sack up and get better. 

You're not entirely wrong, I did not watch his film.  But other power 5 coaches do, and they aren't biting.  I'm not staying that Nebraska needs every recruit to be a 4* player. High 3* players are very fine and can into solid players, but there's a reason this kid has offers from Kent St and the like.

Also, star rankings correlate heavily to success and identifying elite players. For example in the 2018 NFL draft, 57% of 5* we're drafted, 23.6% of 4* players, but only 6.9% of 3* players.  The 2017 class was similar, 65% of 5* players were drafted, 23% of 4* players, but only 5% of 3* players.

https://247sports.com/Article/NFL-Draft-recruiting-rankings-go-hand-in-hand--117819292/

I guess you're main argument is that because I don't watch his tape, that I'm behind unfair.  Maybe I am, but I guess I trust offer lists and recruiting services more than Rose colored glasses on Huskerboard.  I want Nebraska to be successful as much as you do. I guess we just see the path differently.  

You see developing guess who might be under the radar, I see star rankings. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, HopefulHusker said:

You're not entirely wrong, I did not watch his film.  But other power 5 coaches do, and they aren't biting.  I'm not staying that Nebraska needs every recruit to be a 4* player. High 3* players are very fine and can into solid players, but there's a reason this kid has offers from Kent St and the like.

Also, star rankings correlate heavily to success and identifying elite players. For example in the 2018 NFL draft, 57% of 5* we're drafted, 23.6% of 4* players, but only 6.9% of 3* players.  The 2017 class was similar, 65% of 5* players were drafted, 23% of 4* players, but only 5% of 3* players.

https://247sports.com/Article/NFL-Draft-recruiting-rankings-go-hand-in-hand--117819292/

I guess you're main argument is that because I don't watch his tape, that I'm behind unfair.  Maybe I am, but I guess I trust offer lists and recruiting services more than Rose colored glasses on Huskerboard.  I want Nebraska to be successful as much as you do. I guess we just see the path differently.  

Fish has been the best position coach we have, and it's not even close. L. Jackson is considered a first round draft pick... And he was subpar before Fish. Cam Taylor is a baller and Bootle has stepped up in a lot of ways. Fish has earned the right to call his shot, and Delancy is a legit prospect.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, HopefulHusker said:

4* and 5* star players aren't running to teams who get blown out by Minnesota. So, we better develop kids with talent first. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

Watch his film

Im sure dozens of P5 coaches have watched his film and decided not to offer.

But yes, random people on the internet know enough about football to see what all those SEC coaches have missed.

I'm amazed by the blind loyalty and unrelenting optimism of our fans. Even when recruiting the #1707 player in the country.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, HopefulHusker said:

No I don't disagree with you in terms of team projections and high star rankings. I want Nebraska to have a 4 star average every year. But the fluidity of rankings and guys going under the radar dictates rankings so much. Ronald will get a bump just being committed to Nebraska, which tells you how fickle rankings can be. But by large, we agree on the same thing. I just think Ronald is pretty good. I don't see a two star player when I turn on the film.

11 hours ago, HopefulHusker said:

Everything you have stated in this thread - is true from a long-term standpoint.  I think SF knows we need a majority of our class to be 4* and better, however he also knows that he needs to build a culture first.  If you bring in the right kind of kids that are willing to fight and then each year you upgrade the talent level then you have something 6 years down the road.  TO was the best at finding kids that hadn't matured yet and after 2 or 3 years in the correct culture became resources for the team.

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Ronald Delancy III