CB Ronald Delancy III

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

31 members have voted

1. 1. To which school Delancy III commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

There once was a player from the same high school, that is one of the biggest powerhouses in the nation, was only a two star recruit with no big offers.  Ended up going the JUCO route and then found his way to Lincoln.  LaVonte David is really the only kid from his team that was littered with four/five star kids that still is playing in the league or really had an impact of any kind.

Questioning Fish or Held liking what they see on film, being their the two guys on the staff worth their salt recruiting, is comical

Fish or Held must be much better at spotting talent than the recruiting staffs of almost every other program in the country then. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Fish or Held must be much better at spotting talent than the recruiting staffs of almost every other program in the country then. 

It can be done.  It doesnt take a recruiting service to indentify the guys Clem, Bama and OSU are getting.  My grandma can spot a 5 star talent and those guys are few in far between.  Fortunately, for the rest of the NCAA there are more than just a handful of studs in HS, some just need some developing and may have a higher ceiling than the 18 year old kids who are more physically developed.  If you look at Wiscy, Iowa, MSU they have sent a lot of DB's to the league, and most of them are 2 and 3 star players.  Finding guys that fit what you ask them to do, and developing them can go a long ways. We will have to wait a year or 2 to see how this all pans out but I think our secondary will start to look different in the coming years.  

• Plus1 2

2018 all pro cornerbacks...

Kyle Fuller 3* .85 rating

Stephon Gilmore 4* .98 rating

Byron Jones 3* .81 rating

Patrick Peterson 5* .99 rating

Wait for it.......

Xavien Howard 2**** .76 rating

So Delancy is rated higher than two All Pro corners from this year. Obviously many things can change for the better or worse with players, but I’m trusting Coach Frost and the rest of the coaching staff on bringing in the right talent that fits their coaching philosophies. 

GBR

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

You probably shouldn't follow recruiting because you don't understand it and instead like to make sarcastic remarks instead of bringing anything to the table.

• Plus1 5

23 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

You probably shouldn't follow recruiting because you don't understand it and instead like to make sarcastic remarks instead of bringing anything to the table.

Meh, go easy here, he's not wrong.  The reality is if we had a recruiting class all ranked 0.9 or above we would all be much more pumped for it than we are with one loaded with 0.85 average. The other reality is we are not going to get a 0.9 average now, and maybe never, so that leaves the rest of us making up reasons that these lower rated guys have been overlooked. It's based mostly in hope because that is all we have when we fill a class with 0.82 star guys. I have no doubt that Frost and staff will do more with the 0.82 guys than previous staff's have done, but I do have plenty of doubt that the majority of those 0.82 star guys will ever be able to go toe to toe with 0.9 star guys. But, as Frost says, we are where we are along this journey.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
8 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Meh, go easy here, he's not wrong.  The reality is if we had a recruiting class all ranked 0.9 or above we would all be much more pumped for it than we are with one loaded with 0.85 average. The other reality is we are not going to get a 0.9 average now, and maybe never, so that leaves the rest of us making up reasons that these lower rated guys have been overlooked. It's based mostly in hope because that is all we have when we fill a class with 0.82 star guys. I have no doubt that Frost and staff will do more with the 0.82 guys than previous staff's have done, but I do have plenty of doubt that the majority of those 0.82 star guys will ever be able to go toe to toe with 0.9 star guys. But, as Frost says, we are where we are along this journey.  

We had a .88 average last year. Our current average is 0.89. Frost's first class that he put together in like 3 months was a 0.87. So, we've averaged closer to a 0.9 class than a 0.85. If Frost could sign guys rated higher than 0.82 I am positive he would, but these guys are on the board whether we've missed on targets or not and it's on the staff to develop them. Meanwhile we have a 0.92 CB committed and some think we may be close to flipping another 0.92 from Oregon. So, it's not like we're not getting talent.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

I actually believe we can achieve a very high recruiting ceiling. Many national and local people dont think we can. But I think thats horses#!t- if Frost gets this thing humming and we are winning 10-11 games every year and scoring 50 points a game. I am telling you right now Talent will want to come play in that system. It may not be local talent but who cares. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Ziebol said:

I do understand it. 

You're choosing to attack me as a smart a$$ negative-Nancy instead of understanding the simple reality that higher rated players means a higher probability of success. Lower rated players mean a lower probability of success. 

Let's hope these players develop into what the team needs against what probability suggests.

• Plus1 3

35 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I do understand it. 

You're choosing to attack me as a smart a$$ negative-Nancy instead of understanding the simple reality that higher rated players means a higher probability of success. Lower rated players mean a lower probability of success. 

Let's hope these players develop into what the team needs against what probability suggests.

Where have you provided any intelligent responses discussing the matter? You have literally been just putting sarcastic comments. I don't think you do understand it either so I will copy what I said before, "Again we are going to have to discover some diamonds in the rough because until we show otherwise we are a 4-8 program. The stars will come and they already have for the 2020 recruiting class but we are still going to have to take developmental pieces. Taking 1 developmental linemen isn't bad since we have Conn and Corcoran in the bag and those are future starters. We need depth in a bad, bad way on the line so taking a guy like Durham gives you the same flexibility you have with a guy like Anderson from last year. Get the whales and develop the small fish."

Now please explain how you as a recruiting guru would change the outlook of the program in the eyes of higher rated players from a 4-8 program? The staff is on pace for another top 25 recruiting class coming off back to back 4-8 seasons as a program. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Ziebol said:

Where have you provided any intelligent responses discussing the matter? You have literally been just putting sarcastic comments. I don't think you do understand it either so I will copy what I said before, "Again we are going to have to discover some diamonds in the rough because until we show otherwise we are a 4-8 program. The stars will come and they already have for the 2020 recruiting class but we are still going to have to take developmental pieces. Taking 1 developmental linemen isn't bad since we have Conn and Corcoran in the bag and those are future starters. We need depth in a bad, bad way on the line so taking a guy like Durham gives you the same flexibility you have with a guy like Anderson from last year. Get the whales and develop the small fish."

Now please explain how you as a recruiting guru would change the outlook of the program in the eyes of higher rated players from a 4-8 program? The staff is on pace for another top 25 recruiting class coming off back to back 4-8 seasons as a program. 

I get it. What we disagree on, I think, is what kind of developmental players Nebraska should be looking to take.

One with primarily Sun Belt offers, in my opinion, is a bigger project than we should be looking at. 

A project player with offers from a handful lower P5 teams, say Kansas, Rutgers, or Vanderbilt? Sure, I get that. 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I get it. What we disagree on, I think, is what kind of developmental players Nebraska should be looking to take.

One with primarily Sun Belt offers, in my opinion, is a bigger project than we should be looking at. 

A project player with offers from a handful lower P5 teams, say Kansas, Rutgers, or Vanderbilt? Sure, I get that. 

Not sure if there is a difference between a sun belt team and Kansas or Rutgers.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Ronald Delancy III
  • Mavric pinned this topic