CB Ronald Delancy III

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

31 members have voted

1. 1. To which school Delancy III commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

54 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Who is right? Is he our number 1 priority or does he not have a green light to commit.

I think a lot of things can be true at once. I know Coach Fish wants him. The issue with recruiting is the fluid nature of it. If Nebraska received word that a higher ranked guy is positioning himself well with them, then they almost have to hold up. 4 star players do two things for a program. They increase the talent on the roster, and they buy the staff time to sell the future. Also, as we all know, there is an incentive for bringing higher ranked guys. But there are more factors than that. Some recruits don't mesh well with the current team, and that ends the process of recruiting that player. I dont know what is happening here but I think it will reveal itself sooner than later. 

• Plus1 1

43 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I think a lot of things can be true at once. I know Coach Fish wants him. The issue with recruiting is the fluid nature of it. If Nebraska received word that a higher ranked guy is positioning himself well with them, then they almost have to hold up. 4 star players do two things for a program. They increase the talent on the roster, and they buy the staff time to sell the future. Also, as we all know, there is an incentive for bringing higher ranked guys. But there are more factors than that. Some recruits don't mesh well with the current team, and that ends the process of recruiting that player. I dont know what is happening here but I think it will reveal itself sooner than later. 

I made an account just to reply to this. So in essence you have absolutely no clue what you were talking about and were willing to call a guy Fisher’s #1 target because they moved Simpkins visit back.

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, Fullyhusked said:

I made an account just to reply to this. So in essence you have absolutely no clue what you were talking about and were willing to call a guy Fisher’s #1 target because they moved Simpkins visit back.

Actually ... you are not FullyHusked ... for a first post ... you fell a bit short.  But, hey, welcome to the board ... if you really are a first time visitor.  

49 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

No, I mentioned talking to someone from the staff prior to the visit. Glad you went through all that to come at me. Again, this process is incredibly fluid. Delancy de-committed after the visit, and I am going to say with almost certainty it was because he found a better option. With that said, if Nebraska gets intel that Green or some high ranking corner is extremely interested, by default they almost have to hault Ronald's intended commitment based on what the others value can bring in more ways than one. Remember, there is incentive to bring a 4 star corner who they like over a 3 star corner that they like just as much if not more. Also, Chinander and Frost have executive power over that process. I would not come on here and just make stuff up. I get zero enjoyment over that.  

And when I said I don't know whats going on here, I was referring to the post visit news. And if you want, I can provide you with a player who gets to commit based on executive power by the head coach. Hint: Legacy kid with great height for his position. 

Now you’re trying to convince us that the coaching staff cares more about star ratings than their own evaluations. This is fantastic

3 minutes ago, Fullyhusked said:

Now you’re trying to convince us that the coaching staff cares more about star ratings than their own evaluations. This is fantastic

They did offer the other CB targets before Delancy, so yes...

Delancy is still high on our board but we are only taking 1-2 more CBs so he might be odd man out.  Case in point,  look at Scott and Groce committing to us. 

• Plus1 2

36 minutes ago, Fullyhusked said:

If you want to go down that road, I can tell you that it's half truth when they say they don't care. Again, there is incentive, and one might bring a WR they really want in the fold as well. I can talk until I am blue in the fingers to explain the madness and fluidity that takes place. 

10 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

They did offer the other CB targets before Delancy, so yes...

Delancy is still high on our board but we are only taking 1-2 more CBs so he might be odd man out.  Case in point,  look at Scott and Groce committing to us. 

That’s not my point. Delancey was “#1 on the board” and now he’s not. 

1 hour ago, Fullyhusked said:

Kind of disappointed your avatar isn't that gif of an X-ray corn-boner wearing a Husker helmet....

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Fullyhusked said:

That’s not my point. Delancey was “#1 on the board” and now he’s not. 

I don't know why you are trying to pick a fight with one of the most if not the most well respected members when it comes to recruiting insight. Do you have any information to provide?

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Ronald Delancy III
  • Mavric pinned this topic