2019 AP Preseason Top 25

knapplc

6 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

2 ACC teams?  Clemson cakewalk.....and the network is going to be an easier sell during basketball season for the time being.

Clemson is the only ACC team making it this year. I don't think anybody else in that conference has the depth or talent right now to make the CFP. It'll probably be Georgia, Bama and Clemson again. The fourth spot is the real iffy one and could go to any number of teams at this point I think.

4-8 last year, and we're ranked 24th simply because of the strong finish last year, reputation of SF, 2AM, and a (hopefully) resurging defense.

Still, I don't think we've earned the ranking but that's all for pundits/media to talk about. Worry about winning week to week, the rest till take care of itself.

11 hours ago, Landlord said:

What does that mean? Everyone always has a schedule to finish in the top ten every season.

Then I'll spell it out for you... Our toughest games are at home rather than on the road.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, WildBillMoos said:

Uh. 4-8? Can you blame them? This isn't a Mike Leach squad that is guaranteed 11 NCAA violations and 9 wins even if the rapture occurs. 

Seems you missed the point I was trying to make. 

Saying something doesn’t matter, and then getting mad about the thing that doesn’t matter, is baffling to me. 

1 hour ago, FTW said:

Every time we get in the top 10-15, someone serves us humble pie and it's usually Wisconsin. 2011, 2014, 2016 come to mind. I'm not even going to mention 2012. 

Those were poorly coached teams that did not deserve the ranking.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
On 8/19/2019 at 10:19 PM, Toe said:

I love this because it tells me their talking heads aren’t paying much attention, and the beat down will be more surprising and painful. I can’t wait to watch the massacre at Folsom.  A group of buddies and I are going.

Side note: We were just there for the Dead and Company show a month ago. Some guy shows up wearing a Huskers themed Grateful Dead shirt and hat. Not a single CU themed shirt in sight. He got the first win of the 2019 season. 1-0 vs CU this year. Off to a good start. (No, it wasn’t me)

On 8/21/2019 at 5:07 AM, Redux said:

0-0 last I checked

I think the point is Nebraska is the team that exists every year where the nation says: “what?  Why are they ranked?”

Its a good thing, and the ball is in Nebraska’s court to live up to the respect. 

Speaking of respect, it’s probably time for the  “we don’t get any respect” trope to die considering we are ranked after the nightmare of the past few seasons. 

GBR, let’s live up to the respect