The Matrix 4

• 3 months later...

Just saw this yesterday. All the good and bad I read about it was pretty much spot on. Keanu and Carrie's relationship carry the film. The 30,000 ft. view of the plot is good but the writing and execution are hit and miss. I also felt like the action/combat sequences were at times unimaginative, which is really strange to say about a Matrix film.

That said, it was absolutely enjoyable, moreso than Revolutions. I'll definitely be watching it again in the future.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I have to pretty much agree with @Enhance except I was not all that fond of the story as it relates to the original trilogy. On it’s own there was lots to like and quite a bit to not like but I just didn’t care for how this installment takes away and undoes the fairly satisfying climax of the original trilogy.

Spoiler

I did enjoy watching it and particularly liked some of the new characters and the resurrection, if you will, of some of the original characters. Was a bit disappointed with the action sequences. They seemed crowded and compressed if that makes sense. I could go on but don’t want to provide any spoilers (and for some reason I cannot generate the hidden spoiler text).

I’d have to rank it 4th behind the original 3.

• Plus1 1

@JJ Husker

Spoiler

My biggest issue with the plot was that it was too complicated and took too many conveniences. One thing that makes the original Matrix such a fantastic film is that, despite the material, it's not an overly complicated story and world. It doesn't get too bogged down in helping you understand stuff or overloading you with jargon.

Resurrections is the opposite. It has to spend a lot of time not only explaining itself but explaining a lot of technicalities to try to help us all understand. Modals and program evolution and brain bypasses... it's just a bit much. Too much. And then by the end of it you're kind of left with a story that was moderately fulfilling, moderately overdone.

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Enhance said:

@JJ Husker

Reveal hidden contents

My biggest issue with the plot was that it was too complicated and took too many conveniences. One thing that makes the original Matrix such a fantastic film is that, despite the material, it's not an overly complicated story and world. It doesn't get too bogged down in helping you understand stuff or overloading you with jargon.

Resurrections is the opposite. It has to spend a lot of time not only explaining itself but explaining a lot of technicalities to try to help us all understand. Modals and program evolution and brain bypasses... it's just a bit much. Too much. And then by the end of it you're kind of left with a story that was moderately fulfilling, moderately overdone.

Maybe you are the guy to ask. On my iPad I get the little eye spoiler hidden contents option. It’s right there next to the emoji icon. But on my phone it is nowhere to be found. Any ideas? Is it not available on the mobile version?

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Maybe you are the guy to ask. On my iPad I get the little eye spoiler hidden contents option. It’s right there next to the emoji icon. But on my phone it is nowhere to be found. Any ideas? Is it not available on the mobile version?

Might be your mobile. I see it on my note 20 and s8. Or you might need to head to the feedback forum.