Bold Predictions for 2019

Mavric

3 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

You laughing at us, New Money?:D

I’m laughing at that thought. Y’all are a few years away from me worrying about you. I think that Frost can bring y’all back to the top, but it’ll take some time.

I like the “new money” comment...if I could only remember who we beat in ‘81 for the title...

24 minutes ago, killer cacti said:

I’m laughing at that thought. Y’all are a few years away from me worrying about you. I think that Frost can bring y’all back to the top, but it’ll take some time.

I like the “new money” comment...if I could only remember who we beat in ‘81 for the title...

Everybody knows Gator Bowl Championships are what really matters!:lol: 

(I guess we'll pretend one of the best QBs in the country didn't get hurt in that game).

Yeah, we're a loooong ways away. I'd imagine the only position we're comparable with Clemson is the QB position.... Which isn't a bad place to start,but yeah, long ways away.

22 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Everybody knows Gator Bowl Championships are what really matters!:lol: 

(I guess we'll pretend one of the best QBs in the country didn't get hurt in that game).

Yeah, we're a loooong ways away. I'd imagine the only position we're comparable with Clemson is the QB position.... Which isn't a bad place to start,but yeah, long ways away.

QB???

1 hour ago, killer cacti said:

tenor.gif

Lol. You need to watch more Martinez. I'm comfortable in saying Lawrence wouldn't have had the numbers that Martinez had in Lincoln if they switched spots. Lawrence has more talent around him, a lot better talent on the other side of the ball, and plays in an inferior conference.... Lawrence is a stud, so is Martinez.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Martinez is better for our offense than Lawrence would be, and I doubt Lawrence would have won more than 4 games last year if they switched places. Lawrence’s supporting cast is more talented and has had better coaching.

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Lol. You need to watch more Martinez. I'm comfortable in saying Lawrence wouldn't have had the numbers that Martinez had in Lincoln if they switched spots. Lawrence has more talent around him, a lot better talent on the other side of the ball, and plays in an inferior conference.... Lawrence is a stud, so is Martinez.

I thoroughly appreciate y’all’s loyalty, but...tenor.gif

16 minutes ago, killer cacti said:

Weird how the guy he replaced went undefeated in games he played last season and took the team to the playoff the year before. I guess that has nothing to do with overall team talent and he was also a football god of unparalleled abilities.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, killer cacti said:

Clemson is my #2 team.  Followed them for about 25 years.    I'll take our depth at QB over what Dabo has got at the QB position.  Brice is good and has the potential to be very good.  I think Trevor and Martinez are both set to excel in systems suited for their abilities.  I think if either Luke or Noah came in for Martinez, there would be less "drop off" or scheme changes if Brice came in for Trevor.  Not a knock on him though.  Just my .02

12 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Weird how the guy he replaced went undefeated in games he played last season and took the team to the playoff the year before. I guess that has nothing to do with overall team talent and he was also a football god of unparalleled abilities.

In regular season games, you’re right. 

BUT...KB couldn’t hit the long ball...and Bama ate that alive...Trevor ate Bama alive. That’s the difference. 

10 minutes ago, lo country said:

Clemson is my #2 team.  Followed them for about 25 years.    I'll take our depth at QB over what Dabo has got at the QB position.  Brice is good and has the potential to be very good.  I think Trevor and Martinez are both set to excel in systems suited for their abilities.  I think if either Luke or Noah came in for Martinez, there would be less "drop off" or scheme changes if Brice came in for Trevor.  Not a knock on him though.  Just my .02

Don’t hate on Chase :laughpound

5 minutes ago, killer cacti said:

In regular season games, you’re right. 

BUT...KB couldn’t hit the long ball...and Bama ate that alive...Trevor ate Bama alive. That’s the difference. 

Don’t hate on Chase :laughpound

I think you're under-appreciating the importance of continuity and teammates with not only great talent but who have been well coached every year they've been in college. Lawrence is a great player who's surrounded by great players who've had great coaching. Martinez is a great player who was surrounded by players who'd had less than 1 year of (we assume) great coaching who for the most part do not have the level of base talent that Clemson's players have. On top of that, the original post you replied to used the word "comparable," which doesn't necessarily mean just as good. But I happen to think both QBs are top 5 this season, and that's definitely comparable.

1 minute ago, Elaida said:

Nebriska will win a game without an offensive score.  

hush