Big Ten regular-season win totals from Vegas

knapplc

If I were forced to take an over/under bet with a sizable sum of money for both Iowa & Wisconsin based on those figures, I'd go with 'Over' for Iowa, but Wisconsin's pick would not be easy.

My prediction is that Wisconsin's schedule being so difficult is the primary predictor for us to win the West this year - but we have to beat Iowa. Just have to. Look at Iowa's schedule:

image.png.40e9d246a96fa2bb79dcd7d5fad87340.png

I'd say Wisconsin has a very high probably of actually going 8-4, and honestly I kind of doubt we beat them this year (just being realistic). But in that scenario 9-3 almost definitely puts us in Indy as long as we beat Iowa.

6 minutes ago, Undone said:

I'd say Wisconsin has a very high probably of actually going 8-4, and honestly I kind of doubt we beat them this year (just being realistic). But in that scenario 9-3 almost definitely puts us in Indy as long as we beat Iowa.

We better beat them this year, I'm sick and tired of losing to them AND IOWA!

1 hour ago, Undone said:

If I were forced to take an over/under bet with a sizable sum of money for both Iowa & Wisconsin based on those figures, I'd go with 'Over' for Iowa, but Wisconsin's pick would not be easy.

My prediction is that Wisconsin's schedule being so difficult is the primary predictor for us to win the West this year - but we have to beat Iowa. Just have to. Look at Iowa's schedule:

image.png.40e9d246a96fa2bb79dcd7d5fad87340.png

Three of Iowa's four hardest games are on the road: Michigan, Nebraska and Wisconsin. I think they manage to beat Wisconsin in Madison, but not Michigan or Nebraska.

Nebraska plays the easiest schedule in the West this year, both overall and in-conference. Plus all four of our hardest games are at home. I think we go 3-1 against Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa and Northwestern.

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Three of Iowa's four hardest games are on the road: Michigan, Nebraska and Wisconsin. I think they manage to beat Wisconsin in Madison, but not Michigan or Nebraska.

Nebraska plays the easiest schedule in the West this year, both overall and in-conference. Plus all four of our hardest games are at home. I think we go 3-1 against Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa and Northwestern.

It's an early season game so the Cyclones will beat Iowa.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Right. But at an over/under of 7.5 I'd still take the 'over' for them because their third cross-divisional game is Rutgers and because they have a halfway decent quarterback. I expect Iowa to go 8-4, I expect Minnesota to either go 8-4 or 7-5, and I expect Wisconsin will be Wisconsin and if we don't beat them they could go 9-3 easily.

On a different train of thought, this is probably going to be the first time in four seasons where by about week 8 we'll actually be in the hunt for winning our division and it's just going to be a lot of fun.

3 minutes ago, Undone said:

Right. But at an over/under of 7.5 I'd still take the 'over' for them because their third cross-divisional game is Rutgers and because they have a halfway decent quarterback. I expect Iowa to go 8-4, I expect Minnesota to either go 8-4 or 7-5, and I expect Wisconsin will be Wisconsin and if we don't beat them they could go 9-3 easily.

I've got Iowa going 9-3 with losses to Michigan, Penn State & Nebraska.

Minnesota I've got going 5-7, with losses to Fresno State, Purdue, Nebraska, Penn State, Iowa, Northwestern & Wiscy.  I know the Fresno State pick is risky, but they're not dissimilar in talent, and it's in California.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I've got Iowa going 9-3 with losses to Michigan, Penn State & Nebraska.

Semi-bold pick there with Iowa beating Wisconsin. If that happens that helps our chances immensely IMO. 

Beating Iowa is almost undoubtedly a requirement for winning the division for us. I highly doubt there'd be any wacky succession of other losses for either them or Wisconsin where we'd lose to Iowa but still win the division.

When I look back on the Iowa game last year and I see how well we actually played I am tempted to just pencil that one in as a win but they are admittedly just always so damn physical.

3 minutes ago, Undone said:

Semi-bold pick there with Iowa beating Wisconsin. If that happens that helps our chances immensely IMO. 

Beating Iowa is almost undoubtedly a requirement for winning the division for us. I highly doubt there'd be any wacky succession of other losses for either them or Wisconsin where we'd lose to Iowa but still win the division.

When I look back on the Iowa game last year and I see how well we actually played I am tempted to just pencil that one in as a win but they are admittedly just always so damn physical.

The way I see it, if we lose to Iowa, they win the Division.

However, it's the 375th Sellout, and we've only lost one milestone game during the streak, and that was to Colorado the year they won their National Championship *.

I don't think Iowa is a National Championship caliber team this year, so they lose. Book it.

AF0Fook.png

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, everybody knows my name said:

Good news / Bad news: Nebraska will beat Wisconsin and Iowa this year, but you will lose to Minnesota.

Minnesota is going 5-7 this year, 3-6 in conference. You guys finish with Penn State, Iowa, Northwestern & Wisconsin in four straight weeks, with no breaks. That's a rough stretch.

I've honestly got your game against Fresno State as a tossup, and I'm giving the nod to Fresno because they're at home and I don't like Minnesota because we are bitter Chair rivals. :D