Big Ten regular-season win totals from Vegas

knapplc

1 hour ago, everybody knows my name said:

Good news / Bad news: Nebraska will beat Wisconsin and Iowa this year, but you will lose to Minnesota.

But it's in route to an 11-1 season culminating in a B1G championship and playoff appearance because we had a slight let down on the road :thumbs

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, everybody knows my name said:

Good news / Bad news: Nebraska will beat Wisconsin and Iowa this year, but you will lose to Minnesota.

4 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

But it's in route to an 11-1 season culminating in a B1G championship and playoff appearance because we had a slight let down on the road :thumbs

I actually picked 11-1 with a loss to MN in the record thread,  haha.

@everybody knows my name what is your prediction for Minny's record?

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, knapplc said:

I've got Iowa going 9-3 with losses to Michigan, Penn State & Nebraska.

Minnesota I've got going 5-7, with losses to Fresno State, Purdue, Nebraska, Penn State, Iowa, Northwestern & Wiscy.  I know the Fresno State pick is risky, but they're not dissimilar in talent, and it's in California.

Tedford has done an amazing job, but he's replacing his entire offense, save for RB. Tough job to get done early in the season against a strong OOC schedule. Gophers benefit, imo. 

The wife and I went to Vegas a few weeks ago, she took the over on Husker wins. I went a little crazy and put money on a Big Ten Championship and Martinez winning the Heisman.

Unrelated to the Huskers I also put money on the Bears winning the Superbowl.

19 hours ago, knapplc said:

That's possible. The game is in Ames, so maybe the Clones can pull it off. Iowa has won seven of the last ten, but this Iowa State is supposed to be much improved.

We want Iowa to win. We want them with the best record possible when we beat them. We want this for every team on the schedule. 

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, Branno said:

The wife and I went to Vegas a few weeks ago, she took the over on Husker wins. I went a little crazy and put money on a Big Ten Championship and Martinez winning the Heisman.

Unrelated to the Huskers I also put money on the Bears winning the Superbowl.

Thats my kind of betting.... Da Bears!

13 hours ago, runningblind said:

I actually picked 11-1 with a loss to MN in the record thread,  haha.

@everybody knows my name what is your prediction for Minny's record?

Fanboy ekmn says we go 10-2 and win the West.

Realistic ekmn says coming off a 6-6 regular season, we pick up two games and finish 8-4.  I think that's conservative.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I have a weird feeling we lose to Minnesota this year, but I still think we could win the west and for sure think have a better year than them.  

I think having played Ohio State and Northwestern by the time we play the Gophers will benefit us. Goldy doesn't play anyone before us - SDSU, Fresno State, Georgia Southern, Purdue & Illinois. Toughest game in that slate (on paper) is Purdue.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I think having played Ohio State and Northwestern by the time we play the Gophers will benefit us. Goldy doesn't play anyone before us - SDSU, Fresno State, Georgia Southern, Purdue & Illinois. Toughest game in that slate (on paper) is Purdue.

I wouldn't sell Pur-f*****g-due short, especially this year. They're my #2 for the West, behind DoNU. 

Dookie

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

I wouldn't sell Pur-f*****g-due short, especially this year. They're my #2 for the West, behind DoNU. 

Not a bad prediction. Here's their schedule, with their cross-divisional games highlighted:

image.png.6b2dc60894ca6e50eff51f51b069bf32.png

That's a really soft schedule except for having to face both Iowa and Wisconsin away. But I'd rather have that than to trade either Maryland or Indiana for Michigan, for example.