Syncing radio and TV broadcasts

A comment in the status updates got me thinking about how to sync the Husker homer radio broadcasts to TV coverage. I have never attempted this so looking for some tips since the TV broadcast teams are so often annoying.

1- Where is the best place to get the radio broadcast online?

2- If the TV is ahead of the radio, I'm sure I can rewind a bit and let the DVR handle it but if the radio is ahead (which I would suspect is usually the case) then how do you get things in sync?

21 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

A comment in the status updates got me thinking about how to sync the Husker homer radio broadcasts to TV coverage. I have never attempted this so looking for some tips since the TV broadcast teams are so often annoying.

1- Where is the best place to get the radio broadcast online?

2- If the TV is ahead of the radio, I'm sure I can rewind a bit and let the DVR handle it but if the radio is ahead (which I would suspect is usually the case) then how do you get things in sync?

From my experience the radio is always ahead of the television

I managed to link up the Minnesota game last year, and it was awesome.... For whatever reason, the TV broadcast ran ahead of the app I was using for radio, so I had to pause the game a few times in the beginning to get it just right (took a few plays in the first series).... It was worth it, but definitely a bit of a pain.

9 hours ago, Sker fer life said:

From my experience the radio is always ahead of the television

The real radio broadcast is always ahead, but online broadcasts may actually be behind the TV broadcast.

To answer the original questions, get the Huskers app for your smart phone.  I use it all the time when I can't catch the game on TV.  You can listen to the radio broadcast right from the app.  That may be you best bet to sync up to your TV broadcast.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

My uncle used to have an actual satelite dish(not the little ones of today).  We would watch games like that and it was cool because they didn't go to commercial and you could hear all the s#!t the announcers would say while off camera 

Yeah, my BIL had a full size satellite dish years ago and he could get what I believe they call the "upfeed" without commercials. It was awesome listening to what the announcers would say while they were at commercial. Not sure if that's a thing anymore...:dunno

15 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Audio first (Sharpe, Matt & Ben team) and then about 5 seconds video delay.  I got Hulu service (streaming).  I liked delay .... instant replay for every play.

TV audio mute.  Especially Beth Mowins and Ed Cunningham.  ESPN Mowins will call Husker's season-opener against South Alabama.

Ed is retired I think.  Mr. "every play is targeting" is out of broadcasting last I knew.  Chris Fowler isn't that special either IMO.  Herbie needs a better broadcast partner.