YouTube TV question

On 8/22/2019 at 2:59 PM, SilentTreatment said:

Havent had tv other than an antenna the last few years. YouTube seems like a good option as it supposedly has ESPN, espn2, all the locals, fs1 and fs2, and the big ten network. Is it safe to say I'll get most Husker games? 

You should be able to go to https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/  to see the channel lineup for your area.  

They may still be doing the  free 2 week trial.  If not I think they run a free 1 week promotion most of the time for you to test out.   

I am happy with youtubetv so far.    

I did add my local PBS channel (NET) to my Roku channels  to watch BigRedWrapUp but it didn't record and I couldn't select or add the show to my watchlist.  I could add it as a favorite but it didn't record.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.   I can see and watch last years shows.   Not sure what I am missing.  It is not a problem with youtubetv it is something that I do not know.   I am an old dummy and get off my lawn.  

I've had YouTubeTV for about 8 months I believe and it's fantastic. 

You get all the sports channels you need: ESPN, ESPNU, ESPNEWS, FS1, FS2, BTN, SECN, CBSSN, NBCSN, etc. for $49.99/mo

If there's ever a game on an alternate network hosted by ESPN such as last night's Clemson game on ACCN (not on YT), you can use your YouTubeTV credentials on the WatchESPN app on roku, smarttv, etc to authenticate and get access to anything. Hope that helps.

14 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I just got YoutubeTV a couple days ago. Much, MUCH better UI on the Roku3 than Vue. I also really like being able to specify sports teams I like and having it automatically record all the games for me.

And it also includes unlimited recordings. So i literally set every single college football game to record :D

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Dewiz said:

YouTube TV > Hulu Live 

I love Hulu Live, and with the addition of Disney+ soon, I should be able to bundle Hulu Live, Disney+ and ESPN+ in one, I think that'll make it better than YouTube TV.  Once that happens, I may cancel Netflix and borrow someone's password or get a Firestick and jailbreak it.

Question, has anyone used a VPN to be able to access other offerings that aren't available in the US on Netflix?   I have a buddy that uses a VPN and buys the NBA League Pass through India for $5.00 and then has so many more options on what he can watch on Netflix.

2 hours ago, sho said:

I love Hulu Live, and with the addition of Disney+ soon, I should be able to bundle Hulu Live, Disney+ and ESPN+ in one, I think that'll make it better than YouTube TV.  Once that happens, I may cancel Netflix and borrow someone's password or get a Firestick and jailbreak it.

Question, has anyone used a VPN to be able to access other offerings that aren't available in the US on Netflix?   I have a buddy that uses a VPN and buys the NBA League Pass through India for $5.00 and then has so many more options on what he can watch on Netflix.

Sho, not that it won't happen down the road, but the only Disney+ bundle out there so far are ESPN+, Disney+, and the ad-filled version of Hulu for something like $20/mo. 

I'm hoping that a Hulu ad-free bundle plus Disney+ offer is made available, but I read a report where Hulu makes more per customer off their ad-filled service than the add-free service...so there's probably little chance for that. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Sho, not that it won't happen down the road, but the only Disney+ bundle out there so far are ESPN+, Disney+, and the ad-filled version of Hulu for something like $20/mo. 

I'm hoping that a Hulu ad-free bundle plus Disney+ offer is made available, but I read a report where Hulu makes more per customer off their ad-filled service than the add-free service...so there's probably little chance for that. 

I know it hasn't been announced, but I'm thinking that they'll give us Hulu Live subscribers some sort of bundle discount with ESPN+ and Disney+.  Just makes sense to do so.

Just turned on YouTube TV and was looking at what sports were available and I saw that Minnesota vs Iowa in Volleyball. Selected it and it gave me the option to start over or watch live....wow thats a bad a$$ feature. Decided to watch it live and Minnesota was up 2-1 sets against Iowa...suck it Iowa

Hulu Live TV doesn’t offer that

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Just turned on YouTube TV and was looking at what sports were available and I saw that Minnesota vs Iowa in Volleyball. Selected it and it gave me the option to start over or watch live....wow thats a bad a$$ feature. Decided to watch it live and Minnesota was up 2-1 sets against Iowa...suck it Iowa

MLB.tv has that feature.  Pretty handy.  You can also jump to any half-inning which is also cool.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Dewiz said:

I get that feature a lot with Hulu Live, watch live or from beginning.   Maybe it's the ones that are set to record for me anyway, but I see it a lot.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:41 PM, Dewiz said:

Yeah, YTTV does some pretty cool things. But the unlimited DVR with nine month storage is beautiful during college and NFL football season. I literally can tell YTTV to record all NCAA FBS games that are broadcast, and I can sit down and watch them all if I choose.  

Also, folks in Nebraska will soon get NET and NET2 added to YTTV, and the NFL is in talks with YTTV to bring the NFL Network and Redzone channels, as well as NFL Game Pass package, to the platform. I have a feeling that the channels will be an optional add (so as to not inflate the $50/mo. price point), and the NFL Game Pass package will be an additional add.