YouTube TV question

58 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Yeah, YTTV does some pretty cool things. But the unlimited DVR with nine month storage is beautiful during college and NFL football season. I literally can tell YTTV to record all NCAA FBS games that are broadcast, and I can sit down and watch them all if I choose.  

Also, folks in Nebraska will soon get NET and NET2 added to YTTV, and the NFL is in talks with YTTV to bring the NFL Network and Redzone channels, as well as NFL Game Pass package, to the platform. I have a feeling that the channels will be an optional add (so as to not inflate the $50/mo. price point), and the NFL Game Pass package will be an additional add. 

That would be great!!!

2 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

That would be great!!!

Yes it would--those should be added along with the PBS Kids channel. It's going to require the local PBS stations to incur an additional cost, but it may be as little as $250/mo/channel (PBS Kids is a nationally-run channel IIRC, so that doesn't count) up to $2000/mo/channel to push the feed to YTTV. 

I think the NET channels can handle it, but it would require more donations. 

On 10/3/2019 at 7:56 AM, sho said:

I get that feature a lot with Hulu Live, watch live or from beginning.   Maybe it's the ones that are set to record for me anyway, but I see it a lot.

Hulu Live TV does not do this. I tried it last night when I flipped it to the Temple game with 8 something left in the 2nd. Jumped on YTTV and it gave me the option to start from the beginning or watch it live. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2019 at 10:54 AM, GSG said:

my fiancee is going to miss a handful of shows she watches on FYI and MTV, not to mention Comedy Central and such.

Old post, but if you haven't seen, you can get the Viacom channels (MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, etc.) for free on Pluto.

http://pluto.tv/

• 2 months later...

• 4 weeks later...

I've been using YTTV now since December after 2 plus years with HuluLive and couldn't be happier.  Better user interface, better cloud DVR and not to mention MLB Network.  For sports junkies, especially MLB Network, there's not much difference.  Both have BTN, the ESPN networks including SEC and ACC channels, FS1 and regional sports  networks.  In my area that is FS Midwest/Midwest+, FS North and NBC Sports Chicago.

I'm currently with Hulu LIve and I am pretty happy. I had Direct TV Now (AT&T Now) until the recent price hike, and it was, probably still is the best, but for the price its not worth it. 

I tried a month of Youtube TV and while I did like it, the DVR feature is great, there are a few more channels on Hulu Live that I watch that Youtube didn't have. I also don't watch baseball so MLB network didn't move the needle for me, and I like the guide and menu on Hulu live much more than Youtube TV, though YTTV was not bad in that aspect.

It mostly comes down to a personal preference. Try the trials out and see what ones you like the most. 

I'm going to be pulling the plug and jumping over to my guess is YouTube TV in the next month or two based on my viewing habits.  My question is what do folks do for NFL Redzone if you have exclusively streaming services?  It looks like getting Sling for that time frame makes the most sense?

3 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I'm going to be pulling the plug and jumping over to my guess is YouTube TV in the next month or two based on my viewing habits.  My question is what do folks do for NFL Redzone if you have exclusively streaming services?  It looks like getting Sling for that time frame makes the most sense?

Use CrackStreams for all live sports.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I took a look at my latest DirecTV bill, and had some discounts fall off.  I am going to seriously consider pulling the plug and going to YTTV.  I recently upgraded my internet connection and speed, so I should be able to handle a streaming service without any issues.

Make sure you aren't subject to data caps.  You will be streaming HD quality video and will eat up data in a hurry.

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

It looks like getting Sling for that time frame makes the most sense?

Sling is probably the best overall value right now, especially once they add BTN this fall. They're apparently raising prices when they do, though.