Star Wars: The Mandalorian on Disney+

26 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I know I like it more than most here, but Episode 8 is the best episode of the season. And, it's made even better if you're a fan of some of the animated Star Wars series. 

8 was good.  I just don't think we really gained much in Chapters 4-7.  You could basically have spliced most of Episode 8 to the end of Episode 3 and pretty much been in the same place.  There were a couple characters added that helped in 8 but you could have substituted a couple other Mandalorians and told the same story.

We learned nothing about The Child other than Force powers.  We really didn't learn anything new about the Mandalorian in those chapters.  They never came back to what the Client was doing or the "cliffhanger" at the end of chapter 5.

Like I said earlier, it's a collection of interesting scenes.  But the overall story was pretty lacking.

Now that I've seen the whole season, my final thoughts really haven't strayed too far from where they were previously. I'm still not sure I understand what this show wanted to be. The story was incredibly disjointed and had too many inconsequential elements. I think I can at best rank it 6/10 on a 10-point scale and that might be a bit generous. It had a very promising start through the first three episodes but it quickly spiraled into an incoherent fantasy.

I also can't get over the Stormtrooper/baby Yoda scene that opened Episode 8. I know what the producers were trying to accomplish with all the baby Yoda punching, but it was incredibly awkward. It felt like even the show didn't know whether it was supposed to be offensive or comical. And they just kept doing it. It was a perfect microcosm of the entire show.

Also, I really hope they don't reprise Cara Dune's role, or at least the actress who played her. Probably one of the weakest performances in the whole show. Just too over the top all the time.

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, MLB 51 said:

I've kinda been wondering, if this baby is so important, why we heard nothing about him in episodes VII-IX. But I guess he could do something super important without many people knowing, like what they did with Rogue One.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

I like Rosario Dawson. I haven't seen any of the shows that feature Ahsoka Tano, though.

The Mandalorian Season 2 Casts Rosario Dawson As Ahsoka Tano

The Mandalorian season 2 casts Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano. The character made her debut in the Clone Wars animated movie, voiced by Ashley Eckstein. While viewers didn't take too kindly to Anakin Skywalker's young Padawan at first, Ahsoka later evolved into a fan-favorite as the Clone Wars TV show progressed. She's now considered one of the more popular characters in the entire franchise and has appeared in multiple mediums across canon, including a supporting role in Star Wars Rebels and the Ahsoka novel. Of course, she is a main character in the seventh and final season of Clone Wars, which is currently ongoing.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Ahsoka Tano was in two cartoon TV series: The Clone Wars and Rebels.

Ahsoka turned out to be one the best characters in The Clone Wars, and was a recurring character in Rebels. One my favorite all time series finales was Star Wars:  Rebels. Both good shows worth watching for even the casual SW fan.