Cam Jurgens Great News

Pedro G

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I know some were surprised last year when Martinez was named starter at QB, but it was obvious that he was a difference maker at that position. I have a hunch that if Jurgens can’t stay healthy, he will probably be another difference maker on the field. He just needs to stay healthy. 

Agreed. The talent has to be there, as bullish as Frost has been on Cam.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I know some were surprised last year when Martinez was named starter at QB, but it was obvious that he was a difference maker at that position. I have a hunch that if Jurgens can stay healthy, he will probably be another difference maker on the field. He just needs to stay healthy. 

It’s easy to see how he’s a game changer, as Frost puts it. If you have a center that can pull, and get to the second level quickly off a combo block, those are exceptional advantages in this style of offense. Those are not easy things to do from the center position. On the other hand, it’s also one of the most difficult positions to learn to play, and that’s tough to do if you can’t practice.

• Plus1 2

Point is, the guy needs to stay healthy.  Going back to his entire HS career and now into college, he has not stayed healthy.  How is that going to magically change now?  It is not like his injuries were muscular, every time it was broken bones in his feet/legs/ankles.  Im not jumping on the hype train yet until the guy has 6-8 consecutive games under his belt and actually finishes a season.  He had a boot on his foot just a few weeks back.  I wish him well, but my I don't have my hopes up.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Point is, the guy needs to stay healthy.  Going back to his entire HS career and now into college, he has not stayed healthy.  How is that going to magically change now?  It is not like his injuries were muscular, every time it was broken bones in his feet/legs/ankles.  Im not jumping on the hype train yet until the guy has 6-8 consecutive games under his belt and actually finishes a season.  He had a boot on his foot just a few weeks back.  I wish him well, but my I don't have my hopes up.

I don't think that was lost on anyone.

Just now, Moiraine said:

I don't think that was lost on anyone.

Calling a guy a "game changer" and everyone salivating at the idea of the next Dominic Raiola or Dave Remmington being under center is quite far fetched at this point.  Hell, every guy out there has the "potential" to be something special, that is why we have them on the team right?  Let's pick up this discussion in November and see what has materialized at that point.  At that point, I'll buy the first round of Kool Aid too.

7 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Calling a guy a "game changer" and everyone salivating at the idea of the next Dominic Raiola or Dave Remmington being under center is quite far fetched at this point.  Hell, every guy out there has the "potential" to be something special, that is why we have them on the team right?  Let's pick up this discussion in November and see what has materialized at that point.  At that point, I'll buy the first round of Kool Aid too.

I don’t think you know how kool aid works.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3