Permanent Blackshirts away uniform ideas

Frost stated in the press conference today that in future seasons he wants there to be permanent home and away Blackshirts alternates.

I was just wondering what people think the away should look like since it probably can’t be a black jersey.

I happen to think the logo still looks good on white:

41MMT9yI9wL._SX355_.jpg

So I was thinking the away version could be black pants (with the logo somewhere) with white jersey and logo in the same spot as it is on the black jerseys. Very similar to the home alternates but throwing as many red accents in as possible. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

New here, just gonna state my opinion on uniforms in general.

Last year the uniforms have looked the best in my lifetime, in my opinion.

Red tops, white pants, white socks, white shoes.  White tops, red pants, red socks, red shoes.  No stripes on the pants for either.  It is a very clean and sleek look.  I think that should be a new standard for the team.

I always disliked the years where the Huskers used black socks and black shoes along with the red and white

The alternates look good... but I don't feel a road version would look nearly as proper.  White top, black bottom just doesn't paint a clean look in my brain.  White top, white pants, socks and shoes looks a bit better.  But I know how a lot of people don't like all whites.

Generally, I don't like the idea of a Blackshirt alternate becoming a regular thing, mainly because it is all about the defense, not the whole team.  

2 minutes ago, Willster said:

Generally, I don't like the idea of a Blackshirt alternate becoming a regular thing, mainly because it is all about the defense, not the whole team.  

I think Frost knows the media will generally be focused on his teams offenses and wants a little shine on the defense. Could help in recruiting, but generally will be used to reenforce blackshirt tradition married with blackshirt performance.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
21 minutes ago, Willster said:

New here, just gonna state my opinion on uniforms in general.

Last year the uniforms have looked the best in my lifetime, in my opinion.

They at least look the best they have since 2001. I was such a big champion of switching to white shoes/gloves/etc. when we finally did in 2012, and I loved it, but now I think we should go back to black shoes, and I also think we need to get rid of the winning tradition patch to make the jerseys a little less busy and then the uniforms will be more or less perfect.

I'm much more of a professional football fan, and I love the direction the Huskers took with the fairly strict "dress code" of 2018.  Everything waist up is red and everything waist down is white and vice versa on the road, with the exception of the helmet, which should always be white.  I hated red top, white pant, red sock, white or black shoe.  And I really hated red top, white pant, black half sock and black shoe.  Mostly I just hate the black shoe look.

Some background info, I'm not a young, young man, but I started following the Huskers well after their dive into irrelevance.  I've lived in Omaha my whole life. 

Is this how we get to 5 uniform options?

Standard home & away

Blackshirts home & away

Another alternate/throwback.

Heck, were gonna be like Oregon and have a different look every week at this rate.

I'm not complaining. The player's seem to like that type of thing so it's fine with me.

Does anyone know the official rules for away uniforms? Does it have to be white white  or could it be a lighter shade like light gray? That might go well with black pants and look pretty cool with the Blackshirt logo somehow.

20 minutes ago, Willster said:

I'm much more of a professional football fan, and I love the direction the Huskers took with the fairly strict "dress code" of 2018.  Everything waist up is red and everything waist down is white and vice versa on the road, with the exception of the helmet, which should always be white.  I hated red top, white pant, red sock, white or black shoe.  And I really hated red top, white pant, black half sock and black shoe.  Mostly I just hate the black shoe look.

Some background info, I'm not a young, young man, but I started following the Huskers well after their dive into irrelevance.  I've lived in Omaha my whole life. 

I literally think the exact opposite of you. Art is subjective of course. (I LOVE black shoes with knee high red socks for any of our uni)

disclaimer: I’m 42 and been a fan since 82 when PSU and ‘go for 2’. I clearly remember all the uni’s and investigate the changes to keep up to date. 

Always white helmet except the 2012 uni which I like. 

With the skull n bones alt uni probly becoming permanent, I go for...what they currently unveiled for home and...For road:

black pants w red stripes

black socks and shoes 

White jersey with the Skull n Bones

white helmet with black N and stripe/facemask 

and color me the camp of ANY helmet without a red N is blasphemy ...I think the black N is amazing for the Blackshirt alt. I’ve been a changed mind. 

If you think of a brand...Frost knows his s#!t. He knows skull n bones and a gosh damn reason for it means a brand that hasn't been fully utilized is about to be fully realized  

i love this. THROW DA BONES

23 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Standard home & away

Blackshirts home & away

Heck, were gonna be like Oregon and have a different look every week at this rate.

I'm not complaining. The player's seem to like that type of thing so it's fine with me.

Does anyone know the official rules for away uniforms? Does it have to be white white  or could it be a lighter shade like light gray? That might go well with black pants and look pretty cool with the Blackshirt logo somehow.

It just has to be "in contrast" with the home team's jersey.

10. Is it possible for the visiting team to wear their home (colored) jerseys?

This is possible, under these conditions (Rule 1-4-5-b):

• The home team must agree in writing before the game.

• The home team’s conference must certify that the color of the visiting team’s jersey is in contrast with that of the home team.

• If the visiting team wears colored jerseys without meeting these conditions, it is assessed a 15-yard penalty before the first play from scrimmage after the opening kickoff in each half.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2018MFB_FAQ_Uniforms_Contest_Delays_20180921.pdf

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Standard home & away

Blackshirts home & away

I like wearing gray personally, but teams wearing gray for the sake of wearing gray is as bad as wearing black for the sake of wearing black.  If NU is going to have a “Blackshirt” road uni, it should be with a white jersey. It would be a clean look paired with black pants.

5 hours ago, I am I said:

I literally think the exact opposite of you. Art is subjective of course. (I LOVE black shoes with knee high red socks for any of our uni)

disclaimer: I’m 42 and been a fan since 82 when PSU and ‘go for 2’. I clearly remember all the uni’s and investigate the changes to keep up to date. 

Always white helmet except the 2012 uni which I like. 

With the skull n bones alt uni probly becoming permanent, I go for...what they currently unveiled for home and...For road:

black pants w red stripes

black socks and shoes 

White jersey with the Skull n Bones

white helmet with black N and stripe/facemask 

and color me the camp of ANY helmet without a red N is blasphemy ...I think the black N is amazing for the Blackshirt alt. I’ve been a changed mind. 

If you think of a brand...Frost knows his s#!t. He knows skull n bones and a gosh damn reason for it means a brand that hasn't been fully utilized is about to be fully realized  

i love this. THROW DA BONES

If NU is going to have solid (no stripes) pants for the regular uniform, the Blackshirt pants shouldn’t have stripes either.

I agree that the stick N on NU’s helmet is a huge part of Nebraska’s brand. As long as the helmet doesn’t deviate from that N (in red or black) I am good.

Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of regular use of alternate uniforms, but at the very least, I hope they don't mess with the "N" on the side of the helmet on a regular basis.... Every college football fan in the country knows who it belongs too. Last year's alternates were my favorite, but it almost felt sacrilege without that "N".