Speed City

Mavric

3 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Texas Tech’s Peak had undersized, quick

lines. Oregon was undersized. Many schools wanted small to be fast. Then they ran into big and fast. 

Couple that hat with the ability to snap the ball every 8 seconds. 

Different

Texas Tech’s “peak” was also one 11-2 season surrounded by four loss seasons or more. 

And in Oregon’s playoff year their lines were hardly undersized. Their DL had a first round draft pick in Arik Armstead. So I’m not really sure that we are looking for a new fit. 

Snapping the ball every 8 seconds is nice, but it’s in no way some hidden secret to success. 

8 minutes ago, Undone said:

In Frost's introductory press conference, when asked how he was going to have to modify his system for the B1G he responded, "I think the question is how the Big Ten is going to have to modify their system for us."

“I’m hoping the Big Ten is going to have to modify their system to us,”

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/03/scott-frost-im-hoping-the-big-ten-has-to-modify-their-system-for-us/

In the post-game press conference after Iowa, and this is almost a verbatim quote, Frost said, "I mean no disrespect to Iowa with this comment, but I looked across the 50 yard line at the other team and I couldn't believe that Iowa had a bigger, stronger football team than Nebraska."

“Iowa’s a bigger, stronger football team,” Frost said. “That’s right now. I never thought I’d see or hear that or say that about a Nebraska football team. That we can fix. We can get bigger, we can get stronger.”

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/scott-frost-says-huskers-had-fight-but-iowa-was-the/article_4aed3e40-d746-5279-b952-8f1876099e6c.html

Your point about the depleted roster is excellent and none of that is lost on me, and I'm damn sure it wasn't lost on Frost, either. But my overarching point definitely stands.

I was more confused that you said you think it took him that long to realize he wasn't going to score that much versus B1G defenses.  He had to have known from day 1 that the first season was going to need work.  

2 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

Snapping the ball every 8 seconds is nice, but it’s in no way some hidden secret to success. 

It was nice before people caught on. We want to go fast when we want to go fast, but all this talk of going fast and practicing fast is really a learning methodology at the end of the day. That’s it’s real benefit to us, and if it occasionally allows us to take advantage of a few things on the field, then that’s nice, too.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, Undone said:

Not really, honestly. Urban's offense used a ton of inside zone handoffs to big power backs. The backs didn't go out on pass routes nearly as much, and the receivers were built more like bigger bodied wideouts. The Duck-R position and all of the post-snap looks & positioning makes what Frost is doing very different from Urban's power run zone read.

Did he run the Belly G?

(When he did color for one of Nebraska's games

On 8/25/2019 at 2:34 PM, DefenderAO said:

He wants pure muscle and athleticism close to the LOS.  And then burners as you move further away.  Both O and D.

This is slightly different than Oregon.  Those guys were always a bit undersized at the line.  You could see it when they played SEC teams and OSU.  If we can have 90's NU line strength and Oregon's tempo/athletes...watch out.

Oregon never had our kind of speed. 

10:30