Plans for the first game?

I think we are leaving Omaha around 7:30am.  Not sure where we will go first but I am sure we will end up watching at Barry's.  You know, the place that rakes in cash and is totally packed on game day but for some reason the old owners cried about how hard it was to turn a profit at that place.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

How is Lot 20 in terms of tailgating? 

I have been in Lot #20 for about 12 years now.  It is a great place to set up and we have met a lot of great people who we now set up by every season. You get to use the restrooms inside Haymarket Park, which is really nice too.  About a 10-15 minute walk to the stadium.  We get spots along the edge, where there is grass so we have plenty of room.  Not every spot is on grass or is great, but it depends on what you want to do.  It is a great scene and not as packed as under the overpass or the Journal Star lot or the post office lot.  You are not right on top of other people there.

• Plus1 1
Just now, 10_point_buck said:

I have been in Lot #20 for about 12 years now.  It is a great place to set up and we have met a lot of great people who we now set up by every season. You get to use the restrooms inside Haymarket Park, which is really nice too.  About a 10-15 minute walk to the stadium.  We get spots along the edge, where there is grass so we have plenty of room.  Not every spot is on grass or is great, but it depends on what you want to do.  It is a great scene and not as packed as under the overpass or the Journal Star lot or the post office lot.  You are not right on top of other people there.

Nice!  So it is first come first serve for parking?

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Nice!  So it is first come first serve for parking?

No, you have to buy the entire season, in advance, from the UNL ticket office.  They control the lot.  Sometimes, they do sell spots for lot #21, the north side of Haymarket, last year they were $30 or $35.  But, the new indoor ice rink does sell spots and sometimes you can get into lot #20 too, depends on the game.  

• Fire 1