Plans for the first game?

4 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Traveling in from Louisiana for my 30 year class reunion, which is a tail gate party. I didn’t go to the 10 or 20 year reunion, but now I have a fabulous invention that I’m going to pitch to the group for investors. 

Good luck! I’m sure there will be no problem getting people you knew 30 years ago to invest in this.

c1d1fda7ce92e8cfee485112be5c6790.gif

• Plus1 1

22 hours ago, teachercd said:

Nice!  So it is first come first serve for parking?

You can go on line to Stubhub or SensationalSeats and buy a spot in these lots.  From there, it's first come first serve.  

I got three spots in lot 19 for a company tailgate for the OSU game.  It's the first time we will be in that lot, but I think it will be fun.

22 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

You get to use the restrooms inside Haymarket Park, which is really nice too. 

The women coming to our event will appreciate this.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

You can go on line to Stubhub or SensationalSeats and buy a spot in these lots.  From there, it's first come first serve.  

I got three spots in lot 19 for a company tailgate for the OSU game.  It's the first time we will be in that lot, but I think it will be fun.

Yeah, I am sure it will be a blast.  The only thing that seems even a little annoying is the walk to the game but even that is not a big deal.

Just now, teachercd said:

Yeah, I am sure it will be a blast.  The only thing that seems even a little annoying is the walk to the game but even that is not a big deal.

Yeah...last year we were in Lot 7 (under viaduct) and it was awesome.  But, for some strange reason, there hasn't been anything for sale on line in that lot.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

yes, you are right about getting passes to these lots off any of the secondary market places.  Sometimes, the prices are not bad either.  I paid $25/game this year in lot #20, which is not bad.  The restrooms do make the women happy as they get to avoid the porta johns.  A lot of good times there.  To note, if you are in lot #19, the closest stadium restrooms would be in the right-center field area, accessible from the outside of the baseball stadium.  There is a small set of restrooms there right before you get on the walking bridge to go to the stadium.  I have the restrooms circled in red on this photo.

Untitled_HMP.png

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah...last year we were in Lot 7 (under viaduct) and it was awesome.  But, for some strange reason, there hasn't been anything for sale on line in that lot.

Lot 7 is incredible.  It is not easy to find spots for sale so you did the right thing by getting lot 19 now.

1 minute ago, 10_point_buck said:

yes, you are right about getting passes to these lots off any of the secondary market places.  Sometimes, the prices are not bad either.  I paid $25/game this year in lot #20, which is not bad.  The restrooms do make the women happy as they get to avoid the porta johns.  A lot of good times there.  To note, if you are in lot #19, the closest stadium restrooms would be in the right-center field area, accessible from the outside of the baseball stadium.  There is a small set of restrooms there right before you get on the walking bridge to go to the stadium

Sweet.  Thanks.  We are hoping to get there early enough to get spots close to the walking bridge.  How soon before game time do they let you park?  And, can you leave a vehicle there over night?

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Sweet.  Thanks.  We are hoping to get there early enough to get spots close to the walking bridge.  How soon before game time do they let you park?  And, can you leave a vehicle there over night?

I updated my posting with a photo of the area with restrooms circled.  

Can't leave a car there overnight.  I think they officially open up the lots at 8am, but we regularly get there earlier to set up.  There is no gate to Lot #19, so you can drive right in where in Lot #20, they have a gate they open up to let folks in.  BTW, the best spots in Lot 19 are a bit further to the south, but it usually does not fill up too quickly compared to 20 and 21

I'm a morning person, so I don't mind the early kickoffs.  I would probably have a different opinion if I had season tickets or planned on having a party for the game.  Since I am just watching it at home, it's nice to get some things done early in the morning, getting the game out of the way early, and having my afternoon/evening clear to do other things.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Headed to the game probably around 6:00.  Might catch breakfast with the kids then head to the Champions Club.

Someday I'll let you guys in on how much I dislike 11:00am games.  If it wasn't the first game, I probably wouldn't be going.

Do you guys have your own passes for Champions?  In the past I used to get them once or twice a season from other people, always a really good time.