S. Alabama Depth Chart Released

knapplc

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Assuming no injuries, there will be a 3-man rotation at the ILB spots.  The coaches will try to get Barry, Honas, and Miller equal snaps.

Oops.  I meant ILB.  I was curious about this rotation due to Honas being injured last year.  I know they said he was a full go a couple weeks ago.  I was just more surprised at the redshirt being listed at #2.  From what I can tell there are 2 redshirt walk ons listed on the 2 deep.  I think that says a lot about a year 1-2 jump in this system.  At least I hope so.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Anyone else notice Allen did in fact catch Stoll? That's an OR as well, didn't really expect that.

They each have different strengths. The way we play doesn’t work well with a 2 deep depth chart, and our tight ends are really about 4 different positions on the field. Frost said not to look into things too deep, and we now know why.

1 minute ago, 30-50 Feral Hogs said:

Oops.  I meant ILB.  I was curious about this rotation due to Honas being injured last year.  I know they said he was a full go a couple weeks ago.  I was just more surprised at the redshirt being listed at #2.  From what I can tell there are 2 redshirt walk ons listed on the 2 deep.  I think that says a lot about a year 1-2 jump in this system.  At least I hope so.

I hope Henrich will get healthy enough where he can get some PT in the 2nd half of the season.  I think Ruud said Henrich was in line for PT in the spring, and then Henrich injured his shoulder. 

19 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

No Andre Hunt again.

The entire WR listing is irrelevant, imo. Most of those guys, most of the time, won’t be played in those positions/combinations like that. Warner, Jones, Wandale are not the same position. JD, McQuitty aren’t the same position. So on and so forth. Those guys will play a ton of combinations and some kind of rotation will eventually sort itself out, but expect multiple guys used in multiple positions all year. 

Walters said last year on the first depth chart that he just had to print something. Expect a similar statement this week.

• Plus1 3